Subscriptions Manager

sijad

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got told to turn off IPN by IPS when it was an official module. Then turn it on but just make it go to a blank HTML page so it got a 200 OK response.

The problem arises that people also pay subscriptions manually to paypal once a month. IPN doesn't then get a response from the subscriptions module and after a short while it disables IPN automatically. Then I have to put the subscriptions in manually, turn it back on, then it's disabled at the end of the month again.. it's like ground hog day :)

I guess I'm stuck with the same problem I've had for the past 2 years that have been going around in circles with seemingly no solution :sad:

Hi, GREAT app - thank you!

Just now started having some weird behavior though...

1. The uninstall (-) button is gone from Subscriptions on the App Management page, so we've been unable to remove/re-add the application to resolve issues #2 and #3.
2. When people subscribe via the Subscriptions page and complete PayPal payment, it's not validating their transaction, we're having to do it manually.
3. When we use the hook for offering packages on the registration form, we can select a package, but it doesn't do anything, just goes through normal registration.

Can you assist?

FYI, IPN is enabled, per the link a couple posts back.

==

Also, two suggestions...

1. Indeed - GIFT subscriptions!
2. Ability for each member to have multiple subscriptions, especially of the same package.

We actually get a lot of requests for both of these. :wink:

1) I don't control whether the uninstall link shows up in the Manage Applications & Modules page, if you don't see it there then that means it's an IP.Board issue.

2) Make sure you have set up the PayPal IPN, a just linked to the documentation for that above.

3) There are two hooks that need to be enabled for that, make sure both are enabled.

Please make all feature suggestions in the tracker which is linked in the first post in this topic.

Hello Michael

"Forcing new members to pick a subscription package upon registration is all it does, it has never forced existing members to choose a package before letting them use the site. If you want to set it up that way, you need to move those existing members into a group that doesn't have access to view the site, but give them access to buy a subscription that will move them into a group that does have access to view the site."

Could you please elaborate on this, as i am not sure how i would go about this, or direct me to some instructions, tx

I got around the issue with old members trying to get into my site by simply putting them on a temporary ban short term, as i am still not sure what you suggested, by making a new group with the old members before the subscription app was implemented

The app works great, as i tried with a dummy account, so potential new members will be forced to buy a package

I was wondering if you could help out with this inquiry i have also

http://community.inv...__fromsearch__1

Would there be a way with the current packages/ settings of the subscription module to resolve this??? i suspect it might need some coding work, but not 100% sure

I don't want to waste your time, but i am trying to get these important issues resolved

Thanks for your time

Jason

1. The uninstall (-) button is gone from Subscriptions on the App Management page, so we've been unable to remove/re-add the application to resolve issues #2 and #3.

We have the exact same problem, so I am very interested to hear if a solution is found.

1. Indeed - GIFT subscriptions!

+1

Just tried inserting the application ID in a "regular" unstall-link, and we get this error-message;

This is a protected application. You cannot remove this module.

Guess there are some keys that needs to be turned on or off in the db to remove the protection and then uninstall it.

Just another quick update.
You can re-enable the uninstall-link, using phpMyAdmin;
In the table ibf_core_applications (name could differ, depending if you have selected to have a table prefix or not), find "Subscriptions manager" in the "app_title" row. You should then be able to edit this and set "app_protected" from 1 to 0 and you will then be able to uninstall it.

Just to be sure...

If we uninstall Subscriptions Manager, re-upload the current files and reinstall it, will all our data still be there?

And, seems like I would "skip tables" or something when it prompts me about the database during install?

A little over my head, but I think you might know what I'm getting at... ?

Thanks in advance. ;)

Hello Michael

"Forcing new members to pick a subscription package upon registration is all it does, it has never forced existing members to choose a package before letting them use the site. If you want to set it up that way, you need to move those existing members into a group that doesn't have access to view the site, but give them access to buy a subscription that will move them into a group that does have access to view the site."

Could you please elaborate on this, as i am not sure how i would go about this, or direct me to some instructions, tx

I got around the issue with old members trying to get into my site by simply putting them on a temporary ban short term, as i am still not sure what you suggested, by making a new group with the old members before the subscription app was implemented

The app works great, as i tried with a dummy account, so potential new members will be forced to buy a package

I was wondering if you could help out with this inquiry i have also

http://community.inv...__fromsearch__1

Would there be a way with the current packages/ settings of the subscription module to resolve this??? i suspect it might need some coding work, but not 100% sure

I don't want to waste your time, but i am trying to get these important issues resolved

Thanks for your time

Jason

Why can't you just set up one package for each 'area' of your site, and then they can just buy each individual package they want?

Just another quick update.

You can re-enable the uninstall-link, using phpMyAdmin;

In the table ibf_core_applications (name could differ, depending if you have selected to have a table prefix or not), find "Subscriptions manager" in the "app_title" row. You should then be able to edit this and set "app_protected" from 1 to 0 and you will then be able to uninstall it.

That must be something left over from when IPS created this app, I don't set the app_protected value. I'll file a bug report on that and see that it's fixed in a future version.

Just to be sure...

If we uninstall Subscriptions Manager, re-upload the current files and reinstall it, will all our data still be there?

And, seems like I would "skip tables" or something when it prompts me about the database during install?

A little over my head, but I think you might know what I'm getting at... ?

Thanks in advance. :wink:

Uninstalling an application removes all data associated with that application, you cannot uninstall an app then reinstall it and keep your old data.

• 2 weeks later...

Not according to PayPal it isn't. You are accepting payments, and in return you do a service for them (move them to a new group with increased permissions/prestige). A donation would be for when you want to receive payments without the expectation of any reward for that donating member.

Michael,

Is there a way to enable the ENHANCED paypal page? I notice that it defaults to classic.

Also, do we have to set up the website redirect in our paypal options, or once the user goes to pay, does it redirect them back to our forums?

The things you can control with this are the settings that are already there for the PayPal gateway, if you don't see these options then no, there isn't any built-in way to do these.

Archived