• Created
  • Last Reply

Currently we have the following options for the duration of a subscription:

x # of days
x # of weeks
x # of months
x # of years
no expiration

Is it possible to setup a subscription with a specific expiration date. For instance, we are a NPO and want take in member fees and in return a member gets a "2011 membership card" which they use for benefits and discounts in local establishments. Memberships are valid for for each calendar year, expiring the last day of the year.

Would love to be able to do, for instance, "2012 membership" and have it expire on December 31, 2012.

If your subscription gives people that Gold Member group, then it will override their previous group, unless you have that subscription package not override the primary group, in which case it will add the Gold Member group as a secondary group. If you want people in the Moderators group to not get overridden, make sure to select them as a Protected Group in the Settings page of the application.

Ahh that was not what i was looking for.
The problem that i had with the gateway is solved. When i was going to check te URL, i did not give one variable for checking.
Done then, then i needed to fill the $return good.

Now the problem is solved :D. Made a new gateway; http://www.wallie.nl, powered by www.mollie.nl

Can anyone write tutorial how to add new payment gateway, like there is for Nexus?

Or any one can help me with one - I have problems with managing transferred payment status from gateway. (Can provide documentation with all variables).
Please,

For the life of me, I can't setup the subscription to work with Paypal. Gives me an "Invalid Regular period. You must specify valid values for the A3, P3, and T3 parameters for a subscription" error when I'm taking from our forums to Paypal's site. Any idea? I've turned the IPN on for my Business account.

[Edit] Found the issue. When payments are setup to automatically renew, this won't work for some reason. Disabled that option, and everything was setup fine.

First... I have subscriptions installed on a test site (same server different location) and works as to be expected Sweet app for what I am looking for. (Michael feels a But coming on)
But when I install on the live site I get the white page of death so I adjusted the php.ini to read all errors. (Same issue as Invision Focus tracker by another member)

Error Message 1 reads

Fatal error: Call to a member function hookUserDropDownLink() on a non-object in /var/www/clients/client1/web11/web/admin/applications_addon/other/subscriptions/sources/classes/hooks/gateway.php on line 71

71 return $this->registry->output->getTemplate( 'subscriptions' )->hookUserDropDownLink();
compared to the working copy and they are identical.

So for the time being I disabled the Subscriptions: User Drop Down Link and the index page was retuned.
Now when you go to subsccriotions a new error

Fatal error: Call to a member function indexScreen() on a non-object in /var/www/clients/client1/web11/web/admin/applications_addon/other/subscriptions/modules_public/subscriptions/paysubs.php on line 563
562 $this->output .= $this->registry->output->getTemplate('subscriptions')->indexScreen(
563 $deadRows,

Again the statment is identical to the test site.

What is it that I am not seeing?

At first I thought it may be cross reading some how so I uninstalled from both the live and test sites then reinstalled on the live Same errors. So there went that therory.

And what is funny I have a simular problem with another app Contact form...

EDIT...
Just looked in Look & Feel No templates added to any skin including the default

After fixing the template issue got it working on the default skin same errors on the others for now
But now that I know its a skin issue and not an app issue that should be a walk in the park to fix..
I'll let you know the outcome for the others that have this issue...

This is going to take mor time to write than the fix itself
Not even a 2 minute fix that also fixed the contact form

started doing this but decided to do it in the form of a tutorial instead.
I will submit it to Mike he can check it for errors then post it here or where ever he wants

We are having an issue with the radio (circle) button to select a subscription not showing up at all in some instances. Any idea what could be causing this?

nevermind, saw info about it earlier in thread. Checked before posting but just double checked. :)

Hello

I got it to force a new member now to purchase a subscription, but i have an old test dummy account that i tried, that the site used to force to purchase a subscription, the site still lets in that account (that account is an old account before the upgrade)

The setttings are the same as members, so not any settings that i am aware of

So i am fearful that old exisisting accounts that are not members can still get access

Can you suggests any settings?

Thanks

Jason

Forcing new members to pick a subscription package upon registration is all it does, it has never forced existing members to choose a package before letting them use the site. If you want to set it up that way, you need to move those existing members into a group that doesn't have access to view the site, but give them access to buy a subscription that will move them into a group that does have access to view the site.

Archived