Community

Subscriptions Manager

sijad

I don't know how much help I can be. The thing is, I don't use this application myself, and I never have. All I do is make sure this product, which IPS created, stays working in the latest IP.Board versions. I don't touch basic functionality of this app, I just make sure it looks correct and calls all of the renamed methods in IP.Board.

There's nothing I can suggest for this, maybe someone who has used the app and encountered the same thing can explain what is happening.

hi Michael

i understand that you dont use it, but perhaps as you've more understanding than me re the App, and you had no troubles upgrading from manually entered transactions,

perhaps having a look at the acp settings on this board may help to figure this issue out ?

many thanks benny

I don't understand what you mean when you say "i have this category limited to those who pay during registration". You can make it so people can pick a registration package during registration, but I don't think there's any way to make a package only available during registration, is there? And what 'category' are you referring to?

Any subscription package you set up can be made available to be chosen during registration, and existing members should be able to purchase them too, through the Subscriptions application on the site.

Everything should stay intact, you should be able to just upload this new version and upgrade as per normal.

Just an FYI, when upgrading from 1.0.0 to 1.1.1 on IP.Board 3.2.2 the subscriptions themselves stayed intact, however ALL permissions to view each package were removed. I had to add permissions back to each package so users could actually see them.

Hi Michael,

I am having an issue here which seems to be server specific. I have tried several different things and found that it seems to be server specific.

It works fine on my test board, but, on the live board, when I go to AdminCP -> Manage Subscriptions -> Add Package my friends and I get blank pages.

I switched over to Chrome and it's throwing a 500 internal server error. (Exact error is HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.)

Any idea as to what could be causing this? I am 100% clueless. This has never happened to me before.

See the instructions here to help see what the error may be with the blank pages:

http://community.inv...ost__p__2179902

This was the error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method admin_subscriptions_packages_manage::_installIndex() in public/acpsekret/applications_addon/other/subscriptions/modules_admin/packages/manage.php on line 149

This is the code:

$currencies  = subsLib::fetchAllGatewayCurrencies();

$_seen         = array();

/* Got any currency buns? */

if ( !count( $currencies ) )

{

$this->registry->output->global_error = $this->lang->words['needs_one_gateway'];

$this->_installIndex();

}

Line 149:

$this->_installIndex();

All the payment gateways defaulted to disabled, I simply had to enable one of them for Add New Package to work. It looks like your error reporting is a bit broken though.

All is good now, thank you!

I get this error message when I'm put through to Paypal.

Invalid Regular period. You must specify valid values for the A3, P3 and T3 parameters for a subscription.

Any idea what I need to do?

I know this problem was posted a little while ago, but it looks like it never got resolved or at least nothing was posted about it. I also ran into this a couple of days and found the answer by trial and error and thought I'd post the solution.

We had a subscription set for 365 day/s and it was throwing this error back at us when we arrived at the paypal page.

I discovered that for some reason the system doesn't like you using 365 days, if you want a subscription to run for this amount of time then you need to enter 1 Year/s

so, I'd assume when setting up subscriptions you need to set up as follows;

set it in days up to 31 days,

then start using months up to 12 months,

then use in years and so on.

Hopefully this will help anyone else who runs into this issue.

Not sure why you've linked back to the post I quoted Michael.

What I was trying to say is that the subscription manager doesn't accept a duration of 365 days, instead you have to put 1 year. If you put 365 days it will give you the error when you reach the paypal page (or at least mine did), not sure if this is intentional or not, and I guess it's more logical to put 1 year rather than 365 days.

Well, you're not really specifying exactly what it is you're referring to, so I took a guess and assumed you meant the available subscriptions block in the main page of the application. If that's the case, then yes, they should be sorted by subscription cost. That query is done here in /admin/applications_addon/other/subscriptions/modules_public/subscriptions/paysubs.php:

/* Get all packages */

$this->DB->build( array( 'select' => '*', 'from' => 'subscriptions', 'order' => 'sub_cost' ) );

$this->DB->execute();

If you're referring to some place else, then please take the time to be explicit about what it is you're talking about.

Well, you're not really specifying exactly what it is you're referring to, so I took a guess and assumed you meant the available subscriptions block in the main page of the application. If that's the case, then yes, they should be sorted by subscription cost. That query is done here in /admin/applications_addon/other/subscriptions/modules_public/subscriptions/paysubs.php:

/* Get all packages */

$this->DB->build( array( 'select' => '*', 'from' => 'subscriptions', 'order' => 'sub_cost' ) );

$this->DB->execute();

If you're referring to some place else, then please take the time to be explicit about what it is you're talking about.

in a nutshell... thank you kind sir... add a DESC to that query and happy days :D