Subscriptions Manager

sijad

That's excellent then, thank you. ^_^

How about grandfathered subscription packages themselves? Are they possible? Say I wanted to offer a special subscription for $5/month for a limited time, and then after that the price increased to $10/mo. Would it be possible to allow those members that had purchased the $5/mo package to keep paying only $5/mo, while only offering other members or new members the new price?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've not ever created a gateway, all I can suggest is that you use the existing gateway files as templates to follow.

Thanks for the reply.
I have used the PayPall and 2checkout. But somewhere in the system the validation drops out.
In which file is the validation been handeld.

The service (wallie / SMS and Phone) says that their reply system of payment gets a 404 error.

That's excellent then, thank you. ^_^

How about grandfathered subscription packages themselves? Are they possible? Say I wanted to offer a special subscription for $5/month for a limited time, and then after that the price increased to $10/mo. Would it be possible to allow those members that had purchased the $5/mo package to keep paying only $5/mo, while only offering other members or new members the new price?

I don't think it will work that way. When their subscription runs out, they would probably have to pay the new price to renew.

Has anyone had any issues with some members getting a dead page when clicking the subscriptions page toplink? Others can see it no problem. I checked all settings and tested as different member groups and I can't find a problem yet I keep getting reports that some can't view the packages page.

Also, it seems that the radio buttons are not being displayed on older versions of IE...they are behind the package icons or with IE compatibility button engaged, the icons and buttons are completely gone! Any known fix for this other than upgrading browsers? Some of my members don't like change...LOL! The same thing seems to happen with Tutorials...when I click the compatibility button, the forum icons on the left get cut in half...

The blank page issues essentially just means they have no options available: they have no current, expired, or purchasable subscriptions. I'm fixing that right now, actually, and the new version that includes that fix should be out shortly.

http://invisionfocus.com/tracker/issue-298-blank-page/

For the other issue, you should never run an IP.Board under compatibility mode in IE, there are similar issues in other IPS products as well.

Shoot, I apologize for that. Re-download the app, upload the new /admin/applications_addon/other/subscriptions/xml/subscriptions_root_templates.xml over the existing file on your site. Then go to the Look & Feel -> Template Tools page in the Admin CP, in the "Rebuild Master Skin Data" section check the boxes for "Rebuild HTML" and "Subscriptions Manager", and click the "Rebuild" button. Then recache all of your skins. That should fix this.

It's a shame that this can not work in conjunction with IP.NEXUS. Nexus is great for things like advertising and products but really lacks when it comes to membership and was hoping to come and use this until I read on page one that they can't work together.

IF anyone ever finds a way that they can work side by side please let me know - I don't care how you contact me I would just really prefer to have this handle my memberships!

That fixed it, thank you! ^_^

I am also able to run both Nexus and Subscriptions Manager, and I did install Nexus before SM. When I upgraded to 3.2, I installed all the core apps i have, and then installed all the 3rd party ones, and Nexus and SM don't seem to interfere with each other (though I obviously don't use the Nexus subscriptions features).

Ok wow,
Thanks for that information. I am just like you KittyC I purchased my licenses and installed IPBoard 3 and all the core products before third party add-ons, so hopefully this will work.

I do apologize for sounding like a newbie with the question I did try and read the thread and all I saw was that nexus attempts to upgrade subscriptions to nexus, and that he wasn't sure what would happen if you installed them the other way around.

Really appreciate your time.

I think the official line is that they do not work together. But from what I can tell (since I can't see the Nexus code, I can't confirm this), the only incompatibility seems to be if you install Subscriptions before Nexus. If you install them at the same time, or Nexus first, they should be able to play together nicely. But like I said, I can't 100% confirm that since I can't see what Nexus might do.

Okay and if they don't play nicely we will turn this car around and go home - after threatening first "Don't make me come back there" lol.

Sorry late nights/early mornings makes me a bit loopey! I will go and play with it and report back (just incase other people like me are a little slow)

Is it possible to have subscriptions as an "Admin option"?
The plan is to have the Admin (or moderators?) to hand out subscriptions that has a limited time period.
The members should never get the option to subscribe themselves, pref. not even see that subscriptions exists.

Can this be done?

well yes , but more so i wish to link to separate pages , ie 1 type of subscription page for x members and another page for y type of members.

permissions aren't the issue (both x and y can view both pages/ although that could also be a useful option )

i just need option to have 2 subscription pages and choose which page a package is displayed on :)

many thanks benny

No, I'm not going to add a feature for that. For one thing, the page that displays the list of available subscriptions shows a lot more than just that, it also shows upgrade options, current subscriptions, expired subscriptions, etc. If I made different pages for different groups then you'd have to define all of those as being on a different page. The way it works now makes sense: it shows you what you have available.

Is it possible to have subscriptions as an "Admin option"? The plan is to have the Admin (or moderators?) to hand out subscriptions that has a limited time period. The members should never get the option to subscribe themselves, pref. not even see that subscriptions exists. Can this be done?

Not that I am aware of.

Thanks for the answer Michael, hope you can answer another question/idea.
Could a option be than I add a subscription that costs a ridiculous amount of money (Like 9999999999999$) and then have it admin controlled , allthough visible for all to see?
Since as I understood it, I cannot make a subscription that costs 0$ and lock it down to be handed out by admin's only?

Archived