Notifications Preferences: 'Check All' Box

MageLeif

Pretty simple suggestion: it'd be nice if there was a checkbox at the top of each notification column that would let you check or uncheck all the items in that column.

Edit: Better yet, just have them at the top of each category. ("Topics and Posts", "Calendar", etc.)

Pretty simple suggestion: it'd be nice if there was a checkbox at the top of each notification column that would let you check or uncheck all the items in that column.

I believe there is one. It's the empty box all by itself above all the other boxes. At least it shows on my end.

The only thing about that is that they need to give that sole box a name so we all know that's what it's for. Like "Check All" or something or the sort?

• 4 weeks later...

I was just exploring the notification system myself and came across this issue. Can notification preferences be set for everyone by default? As a user, I'd expect to be "notified" of everything by default, then throttle back notifications I find I don't want.

I was just exploring the notification system myself and came across this issue. Can notification preferences be set for everyone by default? As a user, I'd expect to be "notified" of everything by default, then throttle back notifications I find I don't want.

Yes you can change the default values in the ACP in "Members TAB > Members > Notification Defaults", I believe those apply only to NEW members however. Members already registered won't be affected by your changes.

Archived