Portal

Michael.J

This is broken. At least for me, I dunno about everyone else.

Fatal error: Call to a member function latestPosts() on a non-object in /home/sitename/public_html/admincp/applications_addon/other/portal/sources/blocks.php on line 58

Also:

Fatal error: Call to a member function articles() on a non-object in/home/sitename/admincp/applications_addon/other/portal/sources/blocks.php on line 325

Directory applications_addon/other/portal/sources
File blocks.php

Comment lines 249/250.

Stil doesn't understand why the reorder is done since the right order should be the one from the resultset from the BDD.

A comment on the purpose of this could be great, in the meatime commenting the two lines in the file restore the good old behavior.

Anaethelion on behalf of the guy who asked me for help.

This is broken. At least for me, I dunno about everyone else.

Fatal error: Call to a member function latestPosts() on a non-object in /home/sitename/public_html/admincp/applications_addon/other/portal/sources/blocks.php on line 58

Also:

Fatal error[color=#000000]: Call to a member function articles() on a non-object in[/color]/home/sitename/admincp/applications_addon/other/portal/sources/blocks.php[color=#000000] on line [/color]325

I cannot reproduce these errors on a fresh install. In the future, please give the author a day or so after you post about an issue before you report the associated file as broken.

I cannot reproduce these errors on a fresh install.

I can provide you with the URL in a PM if you'd like, I had installed 1.0.0 of your portal back on 3.1 but hadn't used it as I moved over to uPortal for a while because of the three coloums and custom block feature, which this one now has. So I updated the portal to 1.1.0 (on a IPB 3.3.0 install) and I'm just reporting what I saw.

In the future, please give the author a day or so after you post about an issue before you report the associated file as broken.

Kindly noted, and apologies. I was not aware I had to leave a day before reporting as broken, I thought one reported it broken regardless. So I do apologise, I was in the wrong and I hold my hands up and say that. It won't happen again, now I know. :)

Fatal error: Call to a member function latestPosts() on a non-object in /web/htdocs/www.dekazeta.net/home/foro/admin/applications_addon/other/portal/sources/blocks.php on line 58

Fatal error[color=#000000]: Call to a member function articles() on a non-object in[/color]/home/sitename/admincp/applications_addon/other/portal/sources/blocks.php[color=#000000] on line [/color]325

Most likely caused by an IPB skin bug, check this article and see if it's the cause here.

How we can get that main blocks looks like board's category? Mean default IB Board skin.

When made some changes in portal settings and click save - i am redirect to admin overview. some solutions to stay in apps?

Suggestions noted. If you don't mind a template edit, the first one can probably be changed with one.

Do you offer a branding free option?

See here.

ok some minor issue, the portal plugin didn't take in account the topic filter key for the 4 forum i use to push on portal it's set by start_date, it act as last_post_date.. so it a big disturbing now on portal like old news came back from grave ... because someone just reply to a old topic on the news section

Thanks for reporting, I assume by your second reply, you've solved this and don't need a patch?

Well, no major disasters yet and the portal is looking very similar to our old one.

When I create a custom block, is there any way to hide the block if it's not being used. eg. we have a 'photo of the month' block that displays for 2 weeks, then I would usually hide that and show a 'voting now open' block.

Is there a way to display recent posts? I can see I have a block for recent topics but not posts.

Have same problem " In the admin panel, when I go to configure the plugin appears this error window: The directory '{app_name}/extensions/portalPlugins' does not exist. ". I installed new portal on my test site (clean 3.3.1 board)

what to do?

regards

bosss

I also have this problem. I installed this on a fresh 3.3.1 board. When visiting the "Manage Portal" page, I get the error, "The directory '{app_name}/extensions/portalPlugins' does not exist. Create it and try again." I tried to create the directory, "/admin/applications_addon/other/portal/extensions/portalPlugins/", but it did not remove the problem. Why is this happening? What is the solution to this?

I solved the problem of the administration panel, but the plugin does not work, this error appears (new installation):

Fatal error: Call to a member function articles() on a non-object in /web/htdocs/www.dekazeta.net/home/foro/admin/applications_addon/other/portal/sources/blocks.php on line 325

http://www.dekazeta.net/foro/portal

Please help.

What did you do to fix the admin panel problem?

Thank you to all who reply.

Have new install and getting following error messages.

If client clicks portal or Portal is set to default app

Sorry, we couldn't find that!

[#404]
Sorry, we could not locate the page you are requesting to view. Please click here to return to the community index

Need Help?

If you go to
System-->Applications and Modules-->Manage Applications and Modules

Shows Portal enabled and up to date
If you go to Other Apps--> ortal you get
System Error

[#404] incorrect_furl

Invision updated system to latest version yesterday at 2:00pm

This was running fine but we reinstalled to clean up other errors

I also have this problem. I installed this on a fresh 3.3.1 board. When visiting the "Manage Portal" page, I get the error, "The directory '{app_name}/extensions/portalPlugins' does not exist. Create it and try again." I tried to create the directory, "/admin/applications_addon/other/portal/extensions/portalPlugins/", but it did not remove the problem. Why is this happening? What is the solution to this?

If you don't have any portal plugins you don't need to visit this page, if you want to add a block, setup a custom block instead. ACP > Other Apps dropdown > Portal > Custom Blocks.

Have new install and getting following error messages.

Try re-install, including re-upload all the Portal files again.

I'm certain it's in the correct area as it comes up in the manage applications section. From there and in the install screen I am not allowed to choose it as it say's it's up to date already.

Please see attached to screenshots, this is what's going on.

Also it looks like there are still setting from the old portal. In the system setting, IPS Apps there is still a IPB portsl settings (which I cannot delete) would that be interfering with it? If so, how do I kill it ?

ACP > Support > SQL Toolbox. Any results for this query. (May need to add database prefix.)

SELECT * FROM core_applications WHERE app_directory='portal'[/CODE]

Might as well check this one as well.

SELECT * FROM upgrade_history WHERE upgrade_app='portal'

If no results, I'll need board access then. I've got no idea why it would still be listed as installed.