Portal

Michael.J

Many thanks Mike, the change did exactly what i was looking for. (I think you meant the second find to be the second replace with).

Did you come up with a way to truncate the number of post characters displayed without messing the sidebar yet?

Did you come up with a way to truncate the number of post characters displayed without messing the sidebar yet?

Nothing fool proof yet but 2 ideas here and here.

..and Mike, how can we display standard hooks, like status updates and popular tags in your portal's sidebar?

Doesn't support sidebar blocks and I'm not sure there's an easy way to manually add them. IP.Content blocks are supported however.

I'm open to ideas what you think I should add there. I'm not sure of the SEO impact of using the same one as the forum index though. Here are instructions in the mean time to add one yourself.

Open admin/applications_addon/other/portal/modules_public/portal/portal.php

Find:

$this->_do_output();[/CODE]

Add ABOVE:

[CODE]$this->registry->output->addMetaTag( 'description', "Your seo description", false );

Save.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Portal has been updated to v1.1, there are a lot of small changes but the only notable one would be the introduction of custom blocks. This allows for an easier way to add portal blocks through the admin cp and reorganize how they are displayed. Also included is the option for a 3 column layout, this will automatically show if you have any custom blocks in the left column.

Developers should note that support is still included for the portal plugins and they can be installed and added just like before.

Hi!

After upgrading to IPB 3.3.1 I have a problem with Portal, shows nothing. Even after upgrading to version 1.1 of the plugin.

http://www.dekazeta.net/foro/portal

In the admin panel, when I go to configure the plugin appears this error window: The directory '{app_name}/extensions/portalPlugins' does not exist. Create it and try again.

Please help :(

by custom blocks, do you mean ip content blocks?

No it's own custom blocks. ACP > Other Apps dropdown > Portal > Custom Blocks.

After upgrading to IPB 3.3.1 I have a problem with Portal, shows nothing. Even after upgrading to version 1.1 of the plugin.

Try an uninstall then reinstall of the Portal, then check if the custom blocks are added here - ACP > Other Apps dropdown > Portal > Custom Blocks.

Have same problem " In the admin panel, when I go to configure the plugin appears this error window: The directory '{app_name}/extensions/portalPlugins' does not exist. ". I installed new portal on my test site (clean 3.3.1 board)

what to do?

regards

bosss

Are you looking at adding a plugin? If not, then add a portal block through ACP > Other Apps dropdown > Portal > Custom Blocks. instead.

No, i did not looking at add plugin... just when i click on manage portal i get this error message.

Try an uninstall then reinstall of the Portal, then check if the custom blocks are added here - ACP > Other Apps dropdown > Portal > Custom Blocks.

Just try it now, and same problem in the admin panel appears.

In adition, when i go to the portal page (http://www.dekazeta.net/foro/portal) now i get this error message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function latestPosts() on a non-object in /web/htdocs/www.dekazeta.net/home/foro/admin/applications_addon/other/portal/sources/blocks.php on line 58

:-/

ok some minor issue, the portal plugin didn't take in account the topic filter key for the 4 forum i use to push on portal it's set by start_date, it act as last_post_date.. so it a big disturbing now on portal like old news came back from grave ... because someone just reply to a old topic on the news section

www.recifalnews.fr

more informations :

last version of ipb 3.3.1

in admin/applications/forums/extensions/portalPlugins/recent_topics.php

i get :

$this->DB->build( array( 'select' => 't.tid, t.start_date',

'from'   => 'topics t',

'where'  => "t.pinned=1 AND t.approved=1 AND t.state != 'link' AND " . implode( ' AND ', $where_clause ),

//'order'  => 't.tid DESC',

'limit'  => array ( $limit ) ) );

and

$this->DB->execute();

while( $row = $this->DB->fetch() )

{

$pinned[ $row['start_date'] ] = $row['tid'];

$all[ $row['start_date'] ]	= $row['tid'];

}

ihave made a try without the // before the 'order' => 't.tid DESC', nothing better

the portal act as it t.start_date act as t.last_post if you take a look at screenshot attached one of the forum used for portal is set up as t.start_date (french here sorry about that),

i have made several test and i can just by posting re up top of the pill old subject

I solved the problem of the administration panel, but the plugin does not work, this error appears (new installation):

Fatal error: Call to a member function articles() on a non-object in /web/htdocs/www.dekazeta.net/home/foro/admin/applications_addon/other/portal/sources/blocks.php on line 325

Please help.

I solved the problem of the administration panel, but the plugin does not work, this error appears (new installation):

Fatal error: Call to a member function articles() on a non-object in /web/htdocs/www.dekazeta.net/home/foro/admin/applications_addon/other/portal/sources/blocks.php on line 325

Please help.

Change the Theme

Than its works fine. :-)

Updat your cache/skin_cache/ *.*
copy skin_portal.php from cacheid_1 to all your skin_cache/cacheid_*

Thanks to your all
Dave