Portal

Michael.J

I may have found a bug in the Portal, with it enabled it wouldn't let me backup / download my custom theme. I get this error.

EX2 Something went wrong. Please try again.

I ran the error checker in  the ACP and when it disabled all 3rd party apps, it worked, and i think the only third party app i had installed was the Portal.

isn't this the ipb4 topic? being under ipb community suite 4.0 category or did i take a u-turn lol (them instructions done work for ipb 4, anyways Yep open ACP > Customization > Languages.> ... has no values to change at all...or am i missing something.

​if said topic has links in it, when portal shows them, the links are ..not links just text.

​No different topics for each version. Not sure why topic was placed here though.

What about trying out the quick translation feature? Unless they've changed something recently it should be __app_{app_name}

I may have found a bug in the Portal, with it enabled it wouldn't let me backup / download my custom theme. I get this error.

​See here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Change the setting

Don't pin pinned topics

to No.

Open admin/applications_addon/other/portal/sources/blocks.php

Find and Remove:

/* Still need more? */

if ( count( $pinned ) < $limit )

{

$pinnedWhere    = $this->settings['portal_exclude_pinned'] ? "" : "t.pinned=0 AND ";

$this->DB->build( array( 'select' => 't.tid, t.start_date, t.last_post',

'from'   => 'topics t',

'where'  => $pinnedWhere . "t.approved=1 AND t.state != 'link' AND " . implode( ' AND ', $where_clause ),

'order'  => 'tid DESC',

'limit'  => array ( $limit - count( $pinned ) ) ) );

$this->DB->execute();

while( $row = $this->DB->fetch() )

{

$unpinned[ $row['last_post'] ] = $row['tid'];

$all[ $row['last_post'] ]	  = $row['tid'];

}

}

Save admin/applications_addon/other/portal/sources/blocks.php. Now should only show pinned topics.

It seems that the code has changed a lot in the current version. How to do this now please, Mike?

It seems that the code has changed a lot in the current version. How to do this now please, Mike?

Enable the "Skip pinned topics" setting and open admin/applications_addon/other/portal/sources/blocks.php

Find:

$where_clause[]   = "t.pinned=0"; 

Replace With:

$where_clause[]   = "t.pinned=1"; 

Save. I haven't tested this code but should work.

Enable the "Skip pinned topics" setting and open admin/applications_addon/other/portal/sources/blocks.php

Find:

$where_clause[]   = "t.pinned=0"; 

Replace With:

$where_clause[]   = "t.pinned=1"; 

Save. I haven't tested this code but should work.

Hi Mike. This does not work. Actually this change displays both pinned and unpinned topics, whether or not the "Skip pinned topics" is enabled. (I would like do display only pinned topics.)

Hi Mike. This does not work. Actually this change displays both pinned and unpinned topics, whether or not the "Skip pinned topics" is enabled. (I would like do display only pinned topics.)

Provided the setting is enabled, that edit should work. Just tested to make sure. Can you just double check the edit saved, if still doesn't work I'll need board access to troubleshoot.

Trying to use the portal for ipb3 to post a main block to show posts from a certain forum.

Example:

I have my main block which is posting latest_topics_main();

I want it to point to a forum and when someone posts a new thread in that area it will post to the main block on the portal.

***Update****

I actually found it, sorry about that I am fairly new to IPB

Edited by Anthony Mills_73685

• 1 month later...

Hi Mike,

Hope your well? I have been using Portal 1.4.1 now for quite some time and I am currently using IPB Version 3.4.5. I need to upgrade my forum to the last 3.4.8 final version. I do not want to disturb anything on the forums and the portal is defaulting as the main page showing posts from various forums, so which order do you suggest I upgrade? In other words, if I disabled the couple of hooks that I have, do I need to upgrade the forum first or the portal? any advice appreciated.

I haven't released this block as part of the Portal, you'll need to ask support from who did. Any changes would likely need to be made within the blog code itself.

Hi Mike,

Do you know of any blocks that have been made so then the portal will display Blog Entries instead of the latest posts in the middle of the portal? 

Thanks - Dan

Hope your well? I have been using Portal 1.4.1 now for quite some time and I am currently using IPB Version 3.4.5. I need to upgrade my forum to the last 3.4.8 final version. I do not want to disturb anything on the forums and the portal is defaulting as the main page showing posts from various forums, so which order do you suggest I upgrade? In other words, if I disabled the couple of hooks that I have, do I need to upgrade the forum first or the portal? any advice appreciated.

I would recommend upgrading IPB first, confirm it's all working and then upgrade 3rd party apps after such as the Portal. If you've got the default app changed, you should only need to apply that change again after you've upgraded.

Do you know of any blocks that have been made so then the portal will display Blog Entries instead of the latest posts in the middle of the portal?

Not a central block like the latest topics block but the Portal should allow for the Blogs sidebar hooks to be added easily.

I would recommend upgrading IPB first, confirm it's all working and then upgrade 3rd party apps after such as the Portal. If you've got the default app changed, you should only need to apply that change again after you've upgraded.

Not a central block like the latest topics block but the Portal should allow for the Blogs sidebar hooks to be added easily.

Thanks Mike, is version 1.4.1 the latest version for IPB 3.4.8?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

I have just noticed an error in the db. 

ipbprofile_portal_views
This table is not returning a row count and may be crashed and marked for repair. You can repair this table by checking the checkbox for this row and selecting 'Repair Selected Tables' from the drop down below

When I try to repair the table I now get this message:

Can't find file: 'ipbprofile_portal_views' (errno: 2)

Any idea? I have not changed anything as far as I am aware.

Edited by Jamer

With 3.4.8 shipping skin, with Portal enabled, a blank page is rendered. This occurs with Mobile skin too.

Is OK with a customized skin as the default though.

*NVM* Recaching the default skin and mobile skin got rid of this problem. It does look rather messy though on mobile (android).

Edited by rct2·com
Found my own fix