Portal

Michael.J

​A custom block in your portal app, thanks in advance :)

​You can check the marketplace but there's no submitted block that will do that. Right now I just don't have the time to create one but Is there a hook or ip.content block that Nexus includes that does what you want already? Would be a lot easier to include an existing block then create one from scratch. A few pages back there is actually instructions to include an ip.content block in a portal block.

​You can check the marketplace but there's no submitted block that will do that. Right now I just don't have the time to create one but Is there a hook or ip.content block that Nexus includes that does what you want already? Would be a lot easier to include an existing block then create one from scratch. A few pages back there is actually instructions to include an ip.content block in a portal block.

Thank you anyways, couldn't find an ip.content block which does that.

But I just wrote a simple hook which adds an alert to the header that'll do it aswell I guess :)

Hello

i have some problem with right sidebar blocks 

randomly all the blocks from right sidebar went on bottom of my website :/

no matter what i do they still goes on button of thr website

i have even installed the portal and reinstalled all over again same fkin sht ;( how can i fix it please.

Mike Just to let you know, the portal app for V4 strips the Logo image from a custom theme.

I had your 3.4 ver install on my 3.4 board then upgraded board to V4 and the app was

disabled. When I added your V4 app the logo was stripped. A reinstall of the theme fixed

the issue with Portal working normal.

​I'll check but I'm not seeing how this could happen. The Portal doesn't include it's own images and shouldn't be altering any other apps images. This sounds like maybe a bug in IPB itself.

Hello

i have some problem with right sidebar blocks 

randomly all the blocks from right sidebar went on bottom of my website :/

no matter what i do they still goes on button of thr website

i have even installed the portal and reinstalled all over again same fkin sht ;( how can i fix it please.

​See here.

So I have looked and cant seem to find it in the thread. I have a javascript add I want to place and anytime I try and add it it redirects me to (I used *** to block the admin area)

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /***/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

So I have looked and cant seem to find it in the thread. I have a javascript add I want to place and anytime I try and add it it redirects me to (I used *** to block the admin area)

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /***/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

​I work at a hosting company and didn't think to check mod_sec.... haha fixing it now. Sorry :) But if anyone needs the answer check mod_sec with your host. 

​No not in this version. I do have some code but haven't had the chance to add it yet.

​Thanks Mike.

Another feature that would be useful: a setting that enables one or two specific topics to remain as the top stories on the portal until a specific time (or elapsed time.)

I accomplish this now by changing the date of the topic into the future, but this sometimes causes confusion. :)

Hello Mike,

I have a few questions regarding the portal plugin for your "News System". 

Is their a way to limit the amount of text that would display on this portal block ? Most news sites have a button or a link that says "Click here to read more" and will take you to the full news article / page. 

If this is not currently available.... do you have any intentions of adding it ? 

Is their a way to limit the amount of text that would display on this portal block ? Most news sites have a button or a link that says "Click here to read more" and will take you to the full news article / page. 

​It looks like you've already posted in the News support topic so will post a reply up there shortly.

• 1 month later...

​1. See instructions here.

2. I'm not sure what your after. Please clarify in the IPB4 support topic.

isn't this the ipb4 topic? being under ipb community suite 4.0 category or did i take a u-turn lol (them instructions done work for ipb 4, anyways Yep open ACP > Customization > Languages.> ... has no values to change at all...or am i missing something.

​if said topic has links in it, when portal shows them, the links are ..not links just text.