Portal

Michael.J

i can to give you give me your account and i can to tell you as privte message i wiil happy if you can to fix it for me and i can to pay you a few $ :smile:

Thanks for the offer but no need for payment. :) This should already work, probably is something small. Please PM me both ftp and acp login details and will take a look within the new few days.

Thanks for the offer but no need for payment. :smile: This should already work, probably is something small. Please PM me both ftp and acp login details and will take a look within the new few days.

hi

i sent you details thank u once you finisih please notify me thank :)!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I love the portal when I set portal to load as main page, the forum navbar button and when I come to forum from admincp

all go to portal instead of the forum, any work around for this?

The admin cp "Community" is pretty much set by the admin cp, the only way around this would be to modify the source files.

If another application other then forum is set as home page, the "Forums" tab usually changes. Are you using a custom skin or modify any of the nav tabs?

The admin cp "Community" is pretty much set by the admin cp, the only way around this would be to modify the source files.

If another application other then forum is set as home page, the "Forums" tab usually changes. Are you using a custom skin or modify any of the nav tabs?

Why whenever I go to the portal on mobile it redirects to apps.rumobi.info

Why whenever I go to the portal on mobile it redirects to apps.rumobi.info

The Portal won't alter the default behavior of either your default or mobile skin like that.

I can't access your site now but what happens if you change the default app to something like "members", do you get the same issue?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

First of all great add-on! Some questions:

-- Do you have a place where people can share block ideas, or block code? Or do you do everything on this thread?

-- Is there a possibility to show the latest topics from a single forum block? As well as as to show latest topics of all other forums?

For example something like this in the main blocks.

- Latest News

- Latest Topics Main

-- Do you have a place where people can share block ideas, or block code? Or do you do everything on this thread?

-- Is there a possibility to show the latest topics from a single forum block? As well as as to show latest topics of all other forums?

1) No not really, mostly in this topic and if you search the IPS Marketplace for "Portal" you'll see other 3rd party submissions for portal blocks.

2) Only the "Latest Topics (Main) - Forums" block can be restricted by forum. The other block uses internal IPB code that can't restricted based on a forum selection.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to just wrap the portal around the main forums. Is there a way to have side and top blocks leaving the middle as the default forum?

It's technically possible but not with the current version. You would need to modify either the Portal to display the forums contents or hook into the forums to display the top and side portal blocks.

I just installed Portal this morning and I am also new to IPB. I have the Battlefield 4 Integration and I have tried to import the block into the portal and it says the import of the xml was successful but I do not see it anywhere. Anyone run into this issue and know how to fix it?

You'll need an xml file that was specifically designed for the Portal. If sounds like your trying to import a hook file into the Portal?