Portal

Michael.J

It's doing it again....

http://www.fujix-forum.com/index.php/portal/?page=2

Yes, image below but I think it's just a link, not an attach

I will see board access to troubleshoot this further, I'm not having any luck reproducing this.

Question - New Users module displays incomplete registrations as a blank name that says "new!" (my new user group name...)

Here's my code - any way to modify so it only shows people who succesfully completed reg?

Incomplete as in facebook signups? I'm looking through the code and this should already have a provision for excluding members without a members display name.

I need to upgrade my forum from 3.4.5 to 3.4.6. I only have a few hooks installed. so I will turn those off during the upgrade, do I need to do anything with the portal?Or do I just turn off my hooks and leave the portal as it is and just upgrade?

Finally, when I click on Facebook or Twitter posts it shows the posts in both social network sites fine but it lists the forum name too, for example, I might post 'MTV show tonight' as my topic but when I click on the share button it appears on Facebook for example as 'MTV show tonight' Open Forum or what ever the name of the forum is, can the forum names be hidden in the social network links?

Shouldn't need to do anything special with this application. If you've modified your default app to be the portal, you'll need to apply that edit again but apart from that nothing else.

Strange as the the social media links should be using the topic title, do you have this on a public forum I can look at?

I will see board access to troubleshoot this further, I'm not having any luck reproducing this.

Incomplete as in facebook signups? I'm looking through the code and this should already have a provision for excluding members without a members display name.

Shouldn't need to do anything special with this application. If you've modified your default app to be the portal, you'll need to apply that edit again but apart from that nothing else.

Strange as the the social media links should be using the topic title, do you have this on a public forum I can look at?

Yes, Here

I have attached this image, as you can see the Facebook posting also lists the forum names, in these two examples 'Hereford City' is the name of one forum and 'Newton Farm' is the name of another

post-46294-0-34403700-1395255640_thumb.p

I have attached this image, as you can see the Facebook posting also lists the forum names, in these two examples 'Hereford City' is the name of one forum and 'Newton Farm' is the name of another

I'm not sure what your trying to do here. When I click the share links it doesn't add the forum name for me.

I'm not sure what your trying to do here. When I click the share links it doesn't add the forum name for me.

If I click on share the button such as Twitter it works fine but if I copy the full url to a post then post that link on my FB page this is how it appears, is it because I am copying and pasting the url? So did you just click on the Like button ?

Yes, it's strange.

People who are marked on the ACP as "Incomplete" appear as "NEW!" in that module. Only from Facebook Connect registrations.

I just tested it:

- Logged in with Facebook test account on FB.

- Clicked "Create Account" on Makeoutclub.com

- Clicked: "Save Time: Login with Facebook"

- Filled out the entire form except for username

- was prompted to fill out username before continuing - BUT at this point the new users module rendered a new blank user called "New!" (New! is the edited name of my New User group)

If I click on share the button such as Twitter it works fine but if I copy the full url to a post then post that link on my FB page this is how it appears, is it because I am copying and pasting the url? So did you just click on the Like button ?

That's really out of control of the Portal if your just posting a topic link in Facebook. Facebook is probably getting the page title automatically, which of course includes the site name as well.

Hi Mike, I sent you a login via PM a few days ago.

Still having this issue crop up regularly where images do not appear.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-03-20 at 11.27.03 AM.png

Thanks received but going to take a while before can take a look at it...

Yes, it's strange.

People who are marked on the ACP as "Incomplete" appear as "NEW!" in that module. Only from Facebook Connect registrations.

As this is not a critical bug I'll need to take this on notice. The code should account for lack of display name, so not theories at this point.

One more question!

I need more ad zones than IPB allows me to have, so I want to add custom blocks to sidebars using Portal and Global Sidebar, but I don't know how to make those ad blocks invisible to my donation group, those who pay to hide the adverts. Is this possible? Is there a code snippet I can insert before the ad tag in a code module before I add the block to hide or show specific blocks only to specific Member Groups?

I lied - Two more questions :smile:

The YouTube issue continues to strike, basically if you look at my homepage with a wide monitor, its fine - but if you look at it on a small monitor, the default 640 wide YouTube videos that someone posts in the first post of a topic engage the right column and overlap. Looks very ugly.

There are two solutions I can see:

- Force YouTube's to be very small site-wide, which I don't want to do... or:

- Make the center column of Portal a fixed width of 640, to prevent it from overlapping into the right column. Do you know of a way?

Site in my sig.

*EDIT* temp fix by removing left column entirely for the time being!

One more question!

I need more ad zones than IPB allows me to have, so I want to add custom blocks to sidebars using Portal and Global Sidebar, but I don't know how to make those ad blocks invisible to my donation group, those who pay to hide the adverts. Is this possible? Is there a code snippet I can insert before the ad tag in a code module before I add the block to hide or show specific blocks only to specific Member Groups?

There isn't an option for group permissions for each block but you could do something within the block itself e.g.

<?php

if( $this->memberData['member_group_id'] == "4" )
{
print "show add to member group 4";
}

?>

I lied - Two more questions :smile:

The YouTube issue continues to strike, basically if you look at my homepage with a wide monitor, its fine - but if you look at it on a small monitor, the default 640 wide YouTube videos that someone posts in the first post of a topic engage the right column and overlap. Looks very ugly.

There are two solutions I can see:

- Force YouTube's to be very small site-wide, which I don't want to do... or:

- Make the center column of Portal a fixed width of 640, to prevent it from overlapping into the right column. Do you know of a way?

Site in my sig.

*EDIT* temp fix by removing left column entirely for the time being!

Have you tried adjusting the left and right columns size? Another option might be some code that resizes only the Portal Youtube videos on the fly. I assume your using the default iframe Youtube code in your media tag?

There isn't an option for group permissions for each block but you could do something within the block itself e.g.

<?php

if( $this->memberData['member_group_id'] == "4" )
{
print "show add to member group 4";
}

?>

Have you tried adjusting the left and right columns size? Another option might be some code that resizes only the Portal Youtube videos on the fly. I assume your using the default iframe Youtube code in your media tag?

I did try that, and I think now we are quite fond of just removing the left column after all! We are using the default YouTube media tag embedding as just posting the share URL into a forum post.

We are REALLY happy with portal, and I really appreciate your replies! :smile:

I'm going to look into allowing tags and prefixes of posts, like "NSFW" for example to appear on the main feed as well as making a link that takes the user to the last reply, perhaps via the bottom bar and making "Last Reply" clickable to link to last post...

THANK YOU FOR THAT Code snippet!!! That is exactly what I was looking for! :smile: What I'm trying to do is only show to Guests and Members, but hide for Donator Group. Is there such a command like that?

THANK YOU FOR THAT Code snippet!!! That is exactly what I was looking for! :smile: What I'm trying to do is only show to Guests and Members, but hide for Donator Group. Is there such a command like that?

If it's just 1 group to exclude, change it to this instead. # being the member group id of your donator group.

if( $this->memberData['member_group_id'] != "#" )

If it's just 1 group to exclude, change it to this instead. # being the member group id of your donator group.

if( $this->memberData['member_group_id'] != "#" )

Thanks Mike - 2 groups actually, two tiers of supporters. Would that be the following: ?

if( $this->memberData['member_group_id'] != "#,#" )

Thanks for your patience with me :)

Groups 11 and 12 (Support Tiers) are the ones I want to hide the block from, so only guests and standard members see the ad. I tried with below AND with the "?>" at the end, neither worked.

<?php

if( $this->memberData['member_group_id'] != "11" OR $this->memberData['member_group_id'] != "12" )

?>

<center><!-- BEGIN JS TAG - MakeOutClub.com - 300x250 ROS#4 < - DO NOT MODIFY -->

<MY AD TAG IS HERE></SCRIPT>

<!-- END TAG --></center><br>

I may have ham-handed it.. :/

Another thing I noticed - images that users upload to a thread and embed in the post are stripped out and displayed as a "file attachment" on the homepage portal view, but only to GUESTS... While the MEMBER group can see the images full size and displayed. I checked Member Group settings and Portal settings, where can I fix this?

Groups 11 and 12 (Support Tiers) are the ones I want to hide the block from, so only guests and standard members see the ad. I tried with below AND with the "?>" at the end, neither worked.

Try this.

<?php
if( $this->memberData['member_group_id'] != "11" OR $this->memberData['member_group_id'] != "12" )
{
?>

<center><!-- BEGIN JS TAG - MakeOutClub.com - 300x250 ROS#4 < - DO NOT MODIFY -->
<MY AD TAG IS HERE></SCRIPT>
<!-- END TAG --></center><br>

<?php
}
?>

Another thing I noticed - images that users upload to a thread and embed in the post are stripped out and displayed as a "file attachment" on the homepage portal view, but only to GUESTS... While the MEMBER group can see the images full size and displayed. I checked Member Group settings and Portal settings, where can I fix this?

This is controlled via the forum permission mask "Download". The Portal uses the existing attachment functions so I don't believe something can be done about this on the Portal end.

First off, thanks for your portal Mod.

I have a problem. I installed this mod on 3.4.6 after I deactivated IPContent. It is working. I relocated some right blocks to the left via edit. All moved well.

Then I relocated some blocks from the right to the left....and they are not showing on the left but at the bottom. Disabling Truncate don't make a difference.

Any ideas?

If it's a full white page, see this guide on how to uncover the real error.

Notice: Undefined index: customOutput in /var/www/xtibia/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(1759) : eval()'d code on line 1528

Notice: Undefined index: customOutput in /var/www/xtibia/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(1759) : eval()'d code on line 1528

Notice: Undefined index: forceIndex in /var/www/xtibia/forum/ips_kernel/classDb.php on line 1033

Fatal error: Call to a member function articles() on a non-object in /var/www/xtibia/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/portal/sources/blocks.php on line 472