Portal

Michael.J

Hi, i don´t know how to enable pagination, i already put yes in "Add main topic pagination" option, but i can´t see it on portal page, am i doing something wrong? i have the latest version 1.4.1.

thanks.

edit:

I reinstall the application and is working OK now.

thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Mike how hard would it be to add the reply to this topic button at the bottom line of each post? Any thoughts on this.

The reply would just link to the full add reply page? Having it support all the permissions might be complex but for a simple button addition, I can put together an edit for that.

The reply would just link to the full add reply page? Having it support all the permissions might be complex but for a simple button addition, I can put together an edit for that.

Yea just the button that would link to the add reply page. Just thought it would make it easier for replies on topics from the portal.

Yea just the button that would link to the add reply page. Just thought it would make it easier for replies on topics from the portal.

If you open the Portal > articles template bit.

Find:

{parse format_number="$topic['posts']"} {$this->lang->words['replies']}

Add BELOW:

&middot; <a href="{parse url="app=forums&amp;module=post&amp;section=post&amp;do=reply_post&amp;f={$topic['forum_id']}&amp;t={$topic['tid']}" base="public"}">Add Reply</a>

Save. That's pretty basic but if you need help changing it or moving it, let me know.

If you open the Portal > articles template bit.

Find:

{parse format_number="$topic['posts']"} {$this->lang->words['replies']}

Add BELOW:

&middot; <a href="{parse url="app=forums&amp;module=post&amp;section=post&amp;do=reply_post&amp;f={$topic['forum_id']}&amp;t={$topic['tid']}" base="public"}">Add Reply</a>

Save. That's pretty basic but if you need help changing it or moving it, let me know.

Thanks mike worked like a charm.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering if its possible to have the portal show up externally, its on the same server and all but I have my community laid out on community.mydomain.com and i would like to show the forums on www.mydomain.com I tried with the included index file but all that did was forward to the forums rather than the portal.

I noticed a problem with bulleted lists, it is likely an issue with numbered lists as well. The fist post here has a bulleted list that is incorrectly shown in the portal feed. I am also using Portal 1.4.1.

Noted for next version.

Mike, is there a way to pin a post to the top of the main topics block? So all subsequent posts appear below the pinned topic?

Not included as a feature. The closest thing would be the bottom of this post.

Thank you for the Portal.

Is there a way to create a separate css file for the portal, so one can have more control on the styling.

And finally, is there a way to make the latest topics main block, automatically select the first image from the thread, instead of the posters profile picture?

thanks

Is there a way to create a separate css file for the portal, so one can have more control on the styling.

And finally, is there a way to make the latest topics main block, automatically select the first image from the thread, instead of the posters profile picture?

A css file will be included next version but until then you would need to add your own css file manually. You could then edit the "css properties" and set the application key to portal. Which should then allow that css file to show for the portal.

No first image support is not currently included. I've had it suggested a few times but it's not likely now until after IPB4.

tried searching but no luck, can constants.php be used instead of initdata here to set portal as forum home?

Yes it should be fine, I've looked through the code and the constants.php file should just override what ever you set in initdata.php.

A css file will be included next version but until then you would need to add your own css file manually. You could then edit the "css properties" and set the application key to portal. Which should then allow that css file to show for the portal.

No first image support is not currently included. I've had it suggested a few times but it's not likely now until after IPB4.

Yes it should be fine, I've looked through the code and the constants.php file should just override what ever you set in initdata.php.

thanks

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry if this has already been answered - I searched but could not find it.

Basically, I want to make a block which shows the full first post of a single topic. It will be a "welcome" block, essentially, but I want it always positioned above the main topics block, and I do not want it to be edited in ACP (rather, I want it to be a post my moderators could edit without going into ACP). I would like if it had the views/replies links as well. How do I do this?

Thanks for your help. :smile:

Basically, I want to make a block which shows the full first post of a single topic. It will be a "welcome" block, essentially, but I want it always positioned above the main topics block, and I do not want it to be edited in ACP (rather, I want it to be a post my moderators could edit without going into ACP). I would like if it had the views/replies links as well. How do I do this?

This is not included as a feature. The closest thing would be the bottom of this post.

Hello Mike, I need to have two or three different "Recent topics" blocks, showing topics from different forums. Is there any tool or addon that I can use to build them?

Not without modifications, that particular block hooks into IPB's own recent topics function and it doesn't allow you to select which froums to display.