Portal

Michael.J

downloaded and imported the files. When I go in to my ACP to install it, it tells me it's not in the right directory and that I can't install third party apps into the IPS directory. but it's definitely in the right directory. Now, I'm too lazy to go through this topic and see if this was answered so if anybody can tell me what to fix that would be great.

Hi,
I have a problem with portal, when i try to change the page,but the result is the same

Last but the most important, when i try to set the portal as homepage, changing "forums" into "portal" don't work

http://bayarea.it/index.php/portal/
Please let me know

Thks

1) What version of the Portal are you using? The very latest should of fixed the page result bug.

2) What instructions are you using to set the portal as home page?

Any idea of a portal plugin to display birthdays? I added one that I found elsewhere but got some errors.

Is this another hook your adding? May be possible to adapt it for display in the portal.

Just upgraded to Portal 1.4.1, from 1.4.0 - now it is in an upgrade loop. I can't get out of it.

Any ideas, short of removing it completely manually?

Warm regards, Wim

P.S.: Fixed it by doing a manual uninstall, and a complete reinstall. Don't know what exactly went wrong.

I figured it out.. not a bug with this app or anything.. just was triggering it. There was an issue with my .htaccess file. There is a setting in SEO that if checked, requires additional line of code in the .htaccess file. I added that code, and everything is working properly now. Thanks for your attention.. if nothing else maybe someone else will have this issue down the road and this post can help them.

I think I've the same problem. Could you explain please what a line of code you added?

2) Not sure why it wouldn't work then. Try changing to members or another IPB application name and see if makes a difference.

Hi,

i've contacted Ipb Board support as follow:

You need to add a new file called constants.php in the root of your site, with the following contents:
<?php
define( 'IPS_DEFAULT_PUBLIC_APP', 'portal' );

but:

I've created the file for you but it looks like the 3rd-party Portal add-on that you are using doesn't seem to support running as the default app. You may need to either upgrade to IP.Board 3.4+, or contact the author of the Portal add-on directly for help getting it running as the default landing page.

I think is a Portal problem, please let me now

thks in advance

b.rgds

Hi,
i've contacted Ipb Board support as follow:
You need to add a new file called constants.php in the root of your site, with the following contents:
<?php
define( 'IPS_DEFAULT_PUBLIC_APP', 'portal' );

but:
I've created the file for you but it looks like the 3rd-party Portal add-on that you are using doesn't seem to support running as the default app. You may need to either upgrade to IP.Board 3.4+, or contact the author of the Portal add-on directly for help getting it running as the default landing page.

I think is a Portal problem, please let me now
thks in advance
b.rgds

Ipb Board upgrade but Portal setting in Homepage don't work

hello,

i am looking to add bloc to show specific group members online,

i d generated a code with ip content but its nor working !

what i should add to the code to show only a specific group members ?

here is the ip content code

<div class='general_box' id='portal_active_users'>
	<h3><a href="{parse url="app=members&amp;module=online&amp;section=online" base="public"}">{$active['TOTAL']} {$this->lang->words['active_users_text']} <span>{$this->lang->words['active_users']}</span></a></h3>
	<div class='ipsPad'>
		<span class='desc'>{$active['GUESTS']} {$this->lang->words['guests']}, {$active['ANON']} {$this->lang->words['anon_users']}</span><br class='clear' />
		<p>
			<span class='name'>{parse expression="implode( ",</span> <span class='name'>", $active['NAMES'] )"}</span>
		</p>
	</div>
</div>
<br />

or purhapse there is another way to do it ?

best regards

hello,

i am looking to add bloc to show specific group members online,

i d generated a code with ip content but its nor working !

It's not very easy from within the template bit. The portal uses the same function that displays the online users on your board index. You would need to write separate bit code most likely and modify it to restrict certain groups.

Hi!

First of all i'd like to say thanks for supporting this app! But right now i'm having issues viewing the portal page through my mobile browser. Although if I go to the main forum page it works.

Here is the error i'm getting.

Fatal error: Call to a member function articles() on a non-object in /home/kelvin/public_html/ipb/admin/applications_addon/other/portal/sources/blocks.php on line 472

Please help!

Thanks!

First of all i'd like to say thanks for supporting this app! But right now i'm having issues viewing the portal page through my mobile browser. Although if I go to the main forum page it works.

Try rebuilding your ip.board mobile skin cache in admin cp > look & feel tab > template tools > re cache skin sets.

Hi Mike,

I hope that you are well and thank you for the superb support that you offer on this brilliant app.

I am running the latest version 1.41 with the latest version forum 3.4.5.

Everything works perfect, however, when I truncate the Latest Topics Main, all formatting disappears? The Read More button appears fine but any photo's or style formatting just goes and all reverts back to standard text, I have searched through the various pages within this topic but cannot find a solution, although I am sure I read it somewhere, can you please advise or am I being premature because your possibly already aware?

Everything works perfect, however, when I truncate the Latest Topics Main, all formatting disappears?

Necessary otherwise the truncate function might cut into the middle of a line break or bit of html code. When I find a truncate function that can handle html content, I'll be adding it. I'll be looking if IPB4 has anything to offer.