Portal

Michael.J

Awesome, that fixed my problem, thank you! Also, I know the answer to this question is in the documentation, but I'm at a work computer and am not authorized to download at the moment, so what was the process for changing the portal to be the home page for the website? Thanks again!

I'm having an issue with Firefox not resizing embedded images that are in posts on page 1 of the portal. Embedded images spill over into right column.

They resize properly on page 2.

They resize properly in the latest versions of Safari and Chrome (I'm testing using Mac OSX Mountain Lion.) Reports from others also indicate its failing under Windows 7 Firefox.

Firefox I'm testing is latest version 22.0.

Any ideas?

Site: Fujix-forum.com (posts with embedded images might have scrolled off the front page depending on when it's viewed)

Thanks!

Robert

Awesome, that fixed my problem, thank you! Also, I know the answer to this question is in the documentation, but I'm at a work computer and am not authorized to download at the moment, so what was the process for changing the portal to be the home page for the website? Thanks again!

Open initdata.php (This is located with your index.php and conf_global.php file.)

Find:

define( 'IPS_DEFAULT_PUBLIC_APP', 'forums' );

Replace With:

define( 'IPS_DEFAULT_PUBLIC_APP', 'portal' );

Save initdata.php.

I'm having an issue with Firefox not resizing embedded images that are in posts on page 1 of the portal. Embedded images spill over into right column.

They resize properly on page 2.

They resize properly in the latest versions of Safari and Chrome (I'm testing using Mac OSX Mountain Lion.) Reports from others also indicate its failing under Windows 7 Firefox.

Firefox I'm testing is latest version 22.0.

Any ideas?

Site: Fujix-forum.com (posts with embedded images might have scrolled off the front page depending on when it's viewed)

Thanks!

Robert

Do you have any template changes in the Portal template bits? I've checked in Windows 8 Firefox and can't reproduce this. I'll test in Windows 7 as soon as I get home and see if have different results.

No template changes. Thanks!

What kind of images are having this problem? Attachments or remote images?

Did you get this code? Could you or Mike share?

A copy is attached below, not supported yet until I included it in a future version.

portal_block.zip

Mike awesome work on the portal. Thank you.

anyway i can get the calendar.php file for the portal?

Search this topic, I'm pretty sure I've already attached a block that supports the calendar. Might be several pages back.

Search this topic, I'm pretty sure I've already attached a block that supports the calendar. Might be several pages back.

Mike Searched the entire thread. noticed you pmed a couple of people with the file. But not listed anywhere as a download. Can you please post it or pm me with the calendar block file. Thank you

just noticed an error if someone changes to mobile skin

Never mind found the answer you posted earlier in the post

Try rebuilding your ip.board mobile skin cache, in acp > look & feel tab > template tools > recache skin sets.

Fatal error: Call to a member function articles() on a non-object in /homepages/33/d477867598/htdocs/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/portal/sources/blocks.php on line 472

MJ -

:: slowly puts on marshmellow armor ::

The portal is the front page for a lot of sites, mine included. Because of that it's weighted differently and one critical factor is page speed. There is this song by Depeche Mode, "Everything counts in small amounts" well they were right. Here's something I'd like some help on improving.

post-70533-0-48005200-1373305697_thumb.p

These little tiny images account for 55 round trips on the portal. Could they be combined into sprites instead of called independently or even the entire bar of share images changed to a mapped image? Sprites would be best as it would change 55 RTs to 1 but even a mapped image would reduce it to 5.

What do you think?

:: ducks for cover ::

rtfm.gif

I withdraw my previous post, humbly. I'm pretty sure I deserve the official "read the blippin' instructions" scolding. All because some masterful and brilliant mind put a radio button and a setting called "Hide the sharelinks", where else but in the portal settings. Clever, just clever, hide something like that right in plain sight, right at the top like that. Who'd of thunk it?

Thank you.

:: eats a couple marshmellows from his suit of armor ::

What kind of images are having this problem? Attachments or remote images?

If you can take a quick look at the portal on my site, you'll see embedded remote images from photobucket and flickr are displaying properly, and images from the Invision gallery are overlapping the borders...again, only on Firefox, and only on the first page of the portal.

http://www.fujix-forum.com/index.php?

Is there a way to show the hook on the portal like upcoming events hook. Have been looking at the code. But its been so long since ive coded im not getting anywhere

This post here should be what your after. It's basically going to use the calendars own hook code. Just add it as a portal block with the template disabled.

If you can take a quick look at the portal on my site, you'll see embedded remote images from photobucket and flickr are displaying properly, and images from the Invision gallery are overlapping the borders...again, only on Firefox, and only on the first page of the portal.

Is it possible to get admin access to one of forums that's used in the Portal? It would be easier if I could add a post and try and reproduce this on your board.

I withdraw my previous post, humbly. I'm pretty sure I deserve the official "read the blippin' instructions" scolding. All because some masterful and brilliant mind put a radio button and a setting called "Hide the sharelinks", where else but in the portal settings. Clever, just clever, hide something like that right in plain sight, right at the top like that. Who'd of thunk it?

I thought someone would find it useful. To answer your sprite suggestion, the Portal just plugs into the share links function. A change like this would need to be made by IPS.

2 things:

1) How can i show the online users just like the rest of the sidebars? It shows the member's avatar in a order list. And after let's say five members, instead of the height expanding it shows a scroller to view the other members that are online.

2) For the recent topics or post (the main block), how can i use tabs to separate each section? So one tab will show my site's news, the other tab will show another forum, then another tab will show another forum, etc...

The 1st one was me asking how i can set it up where it shows all the member's online in a order list with their profile picture showing.

The block currently uses the inbuilt active users function that IPB uses, which only returns a list of the usernames. You would need to modify it to return the profile pics and then modify both the template and source code to display it.

• 2 weeks later...

Secundo, how can i translate it ? (in french)

All text will be covered in the language files, in Admin CP > Look & Feel Tab > Manage Languages > select language > Portal tab. There is a language file for both the public and admin ends. I don't believe anyone has done a French language pack yet, so you will need to translate this from scratch.