Portal

Michael.J

Having some problems installing. With our recent 3.4.3 upgrade, the portal app was ready to install but ended up with a number of error messages. I deleted the app, downloaded it again for a fresh install, but ended up with the same error message.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forums/MEC/admin/applications_addon/ips/portal/modules_public/portal/portal.php on line 107

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forums/MEC/admin/applications_addon/ips/portal/modules_public/portal/portal.php:107) in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forums/MEC/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/forums/MEC/admin/applications_addon/ips/portal/modules_public/portal/portal.php:107) in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forums/MEC/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forums/MEC/admin/applications_addon/ips/portal/modules_public/portal/portal.php:107) in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forums/MEC/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forums/MEC/admin/applications_addon/ips/portal/modules_public/portal/portal.php:107) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/forums/MEC/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/forums/MEC/admin/applications_addon/ips/portal/modules_public/portal/portal.php:107) in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/forums/MEC/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141

Help. :wacko:

The Portal has been updated to v1.4.1, this is a minor bug fixing update. The changes can be found below:

• Fix for pagination bug.
  • Fix for topic post truncate bug.
  • Addition of topic title truncate option.

No one got back to me about the topic post truncate issue but it should be fixed now.

Thank you..pagination now working great. :)

Having some problems installing. With our recent 3.4.3 upgrade, the portal app was ready to install but ended up with a number of error messages. I deleted the app, downloaded it again for a fresh install, but ended up with the same error message.

Help. :wacko:

Your using v1.4.1? Can you try rebuilding your portal cache? In acp > system tab > cache management > portal tab.

Hi Mike. I have a problem when you want to access from a mobile device to the site having the application installed.

The error is this.

Fatal error: Call to a member function articles() on a non-object in /home2/napolion/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/portal/sources/blocks.php on line 472

I configured everything, but to access it from my blackberry gives me that error.

If you can help me resolve this error I will thank you. From already thank you.

Try rebuilding your ip.board mobile skin cache, in acp > look & feel tab > template tools > recache skin sets.

Your using v1.4.1? Can you try rebuilding your portal cache? In acp > system tab > cache management > portal tab.

Try rebuilding your ip.board mobile skin cache, in acp > look & feel tab > template tools > recache skin sets.

Thank-you Mike... that did the trick. Great Add On.

hi,

I did update to 1.4.1.
In the bottom left portal but is still 1.4.0.

In acp because it shows me 1.4.1.

My fault, forgot to update the version number. If the acp says updated, then it's updated though.

I want to show my portal page to guests only. Is there a way to do this?

Open admin/applications_addon/other/portal/modules_public/portal/portal.php

Find:

//-----------------------------------------
// Pass to print...
//-----------------------------------------

Add ABOVE:

# No soup for you!
if ( $this->memberData['member_id'] )
{
    $this->registry->getClass('output')->showError( 'no_permission' );
}

Save admin/applications_addon/other/portal/modules_public/portal/portal.php

MIke, that works exactly as it ought ot, it only allows guest to access teh portal, which is what I wrote, but I wrote it wrong (LOL), I want my click stream to look like:

a person requests my home page -> if that person is logged in, serve them the normal forum page - > if that person is a guest, serve them the portal.

Does that make more sense?

hello im having some issues with Portal and custom sidebar blocks

whenever i add a sidebar block either only to forums or both portal and forums one is located on sidebar area and the rest are shown on the bottom of the Portal apge

my site is here

as you can see three blocks plus some of teh portal blocks are placed at the bottom of teh Portal :(

also..as concerns the character cut off....can we have chatracter cut off but on the article to show some characters and the image that is on teh article without having to show the whole text?

please i need your help

MIke, that works exactly as it ought ot, it only allows guest to access teh portal, which is what I wrote, but I wrote it wrong (LOL), I want my click stream to look like:

a person requests my home page -> if that person is logged in, serve them the normal forum page - > if that person is a guest, serve them the portal.

Does that make more sense?

What you could do is set the Portal as the default application and then use this edit instead. Members will continue to see the portal, guests will be redirected back to the forums.

if( !$this->memberData['member_id'] )
        {
            $this->registry->output->silentRedirect( $this->registry->getClass('output')->buildSEOUrl( 'act=idx', 'public', 'act=idx', 'act=idx' ) );
        }

hello im having some issues with Portal and custom sidebar blocks

whenever i add a sidebar block either only to forums or both portal and forums one is located on sidebar area and the rest are shown on the bottom of the Portal apge

my site is here

as you can see three blocks plus some of teh portal blocks are placed at the bottom of teh Portal :sad:

also..as concerns the character cut off....can we have chatracter cut off but on the article to show some characters and the image that is on teh article without having to show the whole text?

please i need your help

I'm not see your site online at the moment.

What you could do is set the Portal as the default application and then use this edit instead. Members will continue to see the portal, guests will be redirected back to the forums.

if( !$this->memberData['member_id'] )
        {
            $this->registry->output->silentRedirect( $this->registry->getClass('output')->buildSEOUrl( 'act=idx', 'public', 'act=idx', 'act=idx' ) );
        }

I'm not see your site online at the moment.

sorry Mike due to the fact that site isnt ready yet had to get it offline

here is it again online now..as you can see some of the blocks i made using custom sidebar blocks hjave been on the bottom of the portal :(

my site is here

here is it again online now..as you can see some of the blocks i made using custom sidebar blocks hjave been on the bottom of the portal :sad:

Enable each portal block one at a time until you narrow the troublesome one down. Then post the block code and I'll test it out. I can do this for you but would need admin cp login details.

I just upgraded to 1.4.1 and post truncation function dose not work for me no mater what number I set. I tried to disable it (0), then put 100, 200 etc, just made no difference. Any idea? The title truncate function does not work either.

does anyone had any issues when using the prortal and accessing their site through the mobile skin??

in my case it shows the new member and another block and then goes to the artickles..you know how to fix this??

also how can we have chatracter cut off but still get image and soem characters and use the "read more" feature??

thanks people

I just upgraded to 1.4.1 and post truncation function dose not work for me no mater what number I set. I tried to disable it (0), then put 100, 200 etc, just made no difference. Any idea? The title truncate function does not work either.

If you've modified your portal template bits, you may need to revert the changes to use the latest code. See acp > look & feel tab > select skin > Portal > articles.

does anyone had any issues when using the prortal and accessing their site through the mobile skin??

in my case it shows the new member and another block and then goes to the artickles..you know how to fix this??

also how can we have chatracter cut off but still get image and soem characters and use the "read more" feature??

thanks people

The mobile skin shows the left sidebar then middle column by default. You can re-arrange this manually by moving the left blocks below if you want. Open acp > look & feel tab > select ip.board mobile skin > Portal > skeletonTemplate.

Read this here for more info on the current truncate option for articles.

• 2 weeks later...