Portal

Michael.J

I have problem after installing Portal. Installing goes perfect (I tired to reupload and reinstall it several times, I am pretty sure I correctly uploaded files as stated in "Step two"), but at the end plugin just doesn't work. I get 404 error if I try to open it. Forums works without a problem. I can normally open and edit settings in Admin CP > System > System Settings > DevFuse > Portal.

The problems I have:

Can you please help solve me this problem.

Hi Michael, that is the way I thought it was setup.

the portal's index.php is at public_html(root) and my forums index.php is in my public_html/ssc directory. The portal and forums are working fine, its only the ip.content pages not working right any more? Would I have to edit the .htaccess or something, I do notice that the portal's index.php is missing a lot compared to the ip.content index.php which I was using. Do I have to revert some IP.Content settings to get ip.content to work right with portal?

And the ip.content pages don't have any file setup for it? There just accessed from the forum (ssc)?

Do you have this setup on a public forum I can take a look at (pm if you want)?

I have problem after installing Portal. Installing goes perfect (I tired to reupload and reinstall it several times, I am pretty sure I correctly uploaded files as stated in "Step two"), but at the end plugin just doesn't work. I get 404 error if I try to open it. Forums works without a problem. I can normally open and edit settings in Admin CP > System > System Settings > DevFuse > Portal.

The problems I have:

Can you please help solve me this problem.

Just try an install once again (upload of files included), it might be that a file(s) was missing during install.

Hi Mike,

Can you explain in small words how to add an IP.Content block to Portal? I have been copying code over into the various PHP boxes in portal from ip.content, and it has not been pretty.

Specifically, I am trying to get the 'front page (1x2x2 Layout) in ip.content in to my portal installation.

Looks like I missed adding it, you'll need to modify the template bit directly until next version. See acp > look & feel tab > select skin > Portal > articles. Search for the read more text.

If it's outside of the IPB folder, you don't replace your existing index.php file.

My guess is the skin cache didn't rebuild after installing.

As Brian mentioned, you can add your ip.content blocks in the Portals skeletonTemplate template bit. If you want to place it inside a portal block itself, something like this might work.

<?php
if( !( $this->registry->isClassLoaded('pageBuilder') ) )
{
    require_once( IPSLib::getAppDir('ccs') . '/sources/pages.php' );
    $this->registry->setClass('pageBuilder', new pageBuilder( $this->registry ) );
}

print $this->registry->getClass('pageBuilder')->getBlock("blockcodename");

?> 

So instead of using {parse block="blockcodename"} in your template bits, you would use the above in the portal block code box.

Try rebuilding your ip.board mobile skin cache, in acp > look & feel tab > template tools.

Thanks.. that worked out great! Now all I need to figure out is how to make it the home page, i.e. if members were coming to mydomain.org/forum to direct to the portal page as the landing page. And once I do, would I need a redirect for members that had the /forum url saved on their browser?

Also, how can I correct the shoutbox to show correctly or how to remove the above portion that I don't really need that get's added to the block?

Ben

Hi Mike,

Can you explain in small words how to add an IP.Content block to Portal? I have been copying code over into the various PHP boxes in portal from ip.content, and it has not been pretty.

Specifically, I am trying to get the 'front page (1x2x2 Layout) in ip.content in to my portal installation.

The easiest way is to get the block code {parse block="yourblockname"} and add it to the portal template in Admin CP > Look & Feel Tab > Manage Templates & CSS > Portal > skeletonTemplate. The type of block you have, depends on the exact placement.

Thanks.. that worked out great! Now all I need to figure out is how to make it the home page, i.e. if members were coming to mydomain.org/forum to direct to the portal page as the landing page. And once I do, would I need a redirect for members that had the /forum url saved on their browser?

Also, how can I correct the shoutbox to show correctly or how to remove the above portion that I don't really need that get's added to the block?

Ben

Your talking about this guide here? /forum/ should show the portal on default load always. The forums tab will change the url if you want to access the forums or other apps.

Regarding the shoutbox, I assume that's a custom block? If so, it looks like you need to disable the block template as it's already loading it's own template.

The easiest way is to get the block code {parse block="yourblockname"} and add it to the portal template in Admin CP > Look & Feel Tab > Manage Templates & CSS > Portal > skeletonTemplate. The type of block you have, depends on the exact placement.

I guess I just don't know where to get the block code?

John shared this with me and there's two ways. Putting the block code in the skeleton template or creating a new block, putting the code John gave me below and put the block code name in there where it has blockcodename. You can get the block code name from IP.Content blocks section.

<?php
{
}

?>

Hope this helps..

Ben

Micheal, i already had it disabled and also parsed it in the skeleton template and it shows the same.

What's the full block code your using?

When your in IP.Contents blocks page, you should have options to "get block widget" or similar. I don't have the latest version but it should be named something like that still.

It would appear some of the text (if one single string) is overflowing on recent topics see attached:

Open acp > look & feel tab > select skin > Portal > newestPosts

Find and Remove:

ipsComment

Save.

Hello Mike,

I use the tree column portal but suddenly the right column move down to the bottom. After deleting two new posts in the main column, the column was on the right again.

What could be the problem?

Is this available to see on a public forum?

www.internetwerkt.nl

But I posted some more and it seems not to happen again. I guess what I did before it occurred was changing the format of the left column back to medium.

3.4.3 board

1.4.0 portal

Thanks

When your able to reproduce the issue again, try disabling the truncate setting and see if that makes a difference. It might be the cause here.

Mike I made a block and is attached.

Also, is there a way to add a text editor when creating a custom block within the portal Ap?

Look at your block code, you've got <h3>Shoutbox</h3> and then a little below <h3 class='maintitle'>. You need to remove one.

Possibly but to what end? As part of a form?

Yeah just an idea to have the text editor when creating a custom block. Giving it more possibilities with HTML code, etc..

Ah ok, thought you wanted the code for the rte editor. You want to actually use the RTE when adding a custom block. Nice idea, would help those without html knowledge. I'll look more into this next version.

Hi! First of all thanks for this great application!

Such a question: can I feed "latest topics main" of another forum that is on subdomain?

elnomio,

You should be able to do that by creating a feed block from within IP.Content. Get the RSS feed address, Create the block, get the parse code and replace it where it shows blockcodename on the below code. Then take the entire code and paste it where you can create a custom block within Portal.

You can see an example of mine. Some of my RSS feeds are showing on my widget box or you can show else where throughout a custom code box.

<?php
{
}

?>

Hope this helps.

Ben

Oh I see what you mean and I agree. Perhaps there's a format to show RSS like it shows the news/forums..who knows. There is a block format as part of the widget blocks that I use from Marcher and it looks like below. Perhaps that might help on the layout.

I believe what you're looking for will require to add the functionality into portal by Michael.. let's what he says. Good idea!

Hi! First of all thanks for this great application!

Such a question: can I feed "latest topics main" of another forum that is on subdomain?

That's going to require new code to setup a query to your subdomain forum. Ben's rss approach is probably the next best approach. An rss export on your subdomain forum and an rss import on your target forum can be done. Then you just set the Portal to use that rss import forum.

You might find a better mod in the marketplace, would just need to get a portal block created for it then.