Portal

Michael.J

Is there any way for me to show the first tag or tag prefix used in the forums thread on the portal? I ask because I'd like to re-style the tags on the portal to look more like category icons.
Maybe along the way you can add support to sort news by tags?
Also, is the truncate post feature used in the new portal using the standard ipstruncate function? Does it still have the same shortcomings of cutting off HTML and BBcodes?

I honestly haven't looked into tags yet, so not sure. Just released an update but will save this idea for next version.

Yes it's the standard IPB truncate function. Which of course has the html/bbcode removed but I have tried to retain line breaking. I'll see what IPB brings in the future but if necessary I will be looking at a 3rd party truncate script.

Hello,

I have read all of this topic. I did do the upload of the portal, but if I click on install, IPboard asked me what to upgrade?

It took me to a 'read me file' which tells me to uninstall previous portals.

Make sure you remove the portal folder from the admin/applications_addon/ips/ folder.
You may still have old portal plugins that have not been upgraded for IPB 3.2. You can find these in the applications extensions/portalPlugins/ folder.

I recently upgraded the board from 3.1.4. to 3.4.3 and there are some files in the applications-exentions/portaPlugins/folder.

If I remove this folder IPboard still ask me what to upgrade and not go further with the installation.

What should I do to install the portal ? The IPS folder does not contain a portal folder.

Thanks for any help on this

Hi Michael

How would the code be if I want to be displayed in a box, the avatars of a user?

Of the user viewing the page or of a selected member?

One day later I found out that IPB Portal is still on my board and uninstalling gives me an error: still some settings active.

I tried something but it did not succeed to uninstall IPB Portal. Now I sent a ticket to IPS but if someone knows what to do I would be pleased.

IPS will probably send you back here anyway, this is now 3rd party so they no longer support it. ;)

1. What error are you getting when trying to uninstall.

2. When you try to uninstall the old portal, are the files present in admin/applications_addon/ips/portal/ ?

3. Can you run the queries mentioned here and see if there are any results?

Of the user viewing the page or of a selected member?

IPS will probably send you back here anyway, this is now 3rd party so they no longer support it. ;)

1. What error are you getting when trying to uninstall.

2. When you try to uninstall the old portal, are the files present in admin/applications_addon/ips/portal/ ?

3. Can you run the queries mentioned here and see if there are any results?

Thanks Mike,

After all your suggestions in this topic it did not work for me, whatever I tried. At first yes IPS send me back to you, but after some screenshots they helped me. Probably because I made a big jump from 3.1.4 to 3.4.3. Somehow all your suggestions really did not do the job on our board.

11 years ago I started with the Beta from IPS. Lots of crab is now on the root. But all is working now.

One more question for you. After truncate I get the 'read more button'. Could not find it in the languagefile. Where can I change that into Dutch?

The portal looks very good

Thanks

HI Michael

I recently installed the portal with IPB 3.4.3 and it is outside at the root (here), this is working fine. What isn't working for me is my pages, all of my pages don't seem to work anymore after replacing the index.php. Is there some code that needs to be added to this so that ip.content pages that were created work again?

The pages would have all had a url of <website>.com/<page name here>. Forums are located in <website>.com/ssc and everything else on the site seems to work fine but the ip.content pages.

Any ideas where I should look to get these to appear again? If you visit my site there will be a 'more' button in the nav bar that has all the pages in it.

Thanks for any assistance on this.

Hi Michael,

I installed it using 3.4.3 and getting this message. I did a rebuilt and recache. I love what this Ap can do as I want to change my landing page but reached a road block.

Fatal error: Call to a member function articles() on a non-object in /home/themotorpool/public_html/forum/admincontrol/applications_addon/other/portal/sources/blocks.php on line 472

Thanks,

Ben

-----------Fixed------------

Disabled all hook, didn't work, enabled all hooks and it's all good!!

Is there a way to create a block using the block code from IP.Content? I tried copying the code, entering into block in portal, and it doesn't work.

I even tried to export block and import the xml block file but it doesn't show up as a new block.

Please help..

Thanks,

Ben

Ben,

Why would you want to do that? About half of my portal page is ip content blocks. You simply insert the ip content block parse code in the skeleton template where you would like the ip content blocks to appear.

Helpful?

Brian

Brian,

I get what you're saying and have done that in the past, i.e. parsing a code in a template. I'm trying to create a more user friendly and a better layout of my landing page and getting rid of the forum clutter and still have the option of using some of my layout custom blocks.

The way for me to do this would be far more easier using the Portal Ap than trying to customize my board template.

I tried using IP.Content and can't seem to use it with ease..

Comprende?

Ben

Hello Michael,

I am getting an odd error when using a mobile phone. This error does not present itself on a regular computer. I have tried to troubleshoot and can't seem to figure it out, so I am hoping you can help me.

I am running the latest IPB 3.4.3, I installed your Portal version 1.4.0. I also edited the initdata to make the Portal the default application. This all worked on a different Portal, but I would very much rather use yours as it gives so much functionality. I am using an Android 4.2.2 phone with the Chrome Browser and get the following message:

Fatal error: Call to member function articles() on a non-object in
/home/username/forum_domain/admin/applications_addon/other/portal/sources/blocks.php on line 472 

If I remove your Portal everything functions as it should, I redownloaded and reinstalled, and unfortunately came to the same outcome.

Do you have any suggestions on what I could do to solve this?

Thanks!

One more question for you. After truncate I get the 'read more button'. Could not find it in the languagefile. Where can I change that into Dutch?

Looks like I missed adding it, you'll need to modify the template bit directly until next version. See acp > look & feel tab > select skin > Portal > articles. Search for the read more text.

HI Michael

I recently installed the portal with IPB 3.4.3 and it is outside at the root (here), this is working fine. What isn't working for me is my pages, all of my pages don't seem to work anymore after replacing the index.php. Is there some code that needs to be added to this so that ip.content pages that were created work again?

The pages would have all had a url of <website>.com/<page name here>. Forums are located in <website>.com/ssc and everything else on the site seems to work fine but the ip.content pages.

Any ideas where I should look to get these to appear again? If you visit my site there will be a 'more' button in the nav bar that has all the pages in it.

Thanks for any assistance on this.

If it's outside of the IPB folder, you don't replace your existing index.php file.

Step 1. Upload the index.php file you find in Tools folder to where you want the portal to load. Both are located in the zip of the Portal files. Do not upload this over your forums index.php file. For example if you have your forums located in your forums folder, you could upload the index.php file to your public_html directory.

Disabled all hook, didn't work, enabled all hooks and it's all good!!

My guess is the skin cache didn't rebuild after installing.

Is there a way to create a block using the block code from IP.Content? I tried copying the code, entering into block in portal, and it doesn't work.

As Brian mentioned, you can add your ip.content blocks in the Portals skeletonTemplate template bit. If you want to place it inside a portal block itself, something like this might work.

<?php
if( !( $this->registry->isClassLoaded('pageBuilder') ) )
{
    require_once( IPSLib::getAppDir('ccs') . '/sources/pages.php' );
    $this->registry->setClass('pageBuilder', new pageBuilder( $this->registry ) );
}

print $this->registry->getClass('pageBuilder')->getBlock("blockcodename");

?> 

So instead of using {parse block="blockcodename"} in your template bits, you would use the above in the portal block code box.

Hello Michael,

I am getting an odd error when using a mobile phone. This error does not present itself on a regular computer. I have tried to troubleshoot and can't seem to figure it out, so I am hoping you can help me.

I am running the latest IPB 3.4.3, I installed your Portal version 1.4.0. I also edited the initdata to make the Portal the default application. This all worked on a different Portal, but I would very much rather use yours as it gives so much functionality. I am using an Android 4.2.2 phone with the Chrome Browser and get the following message:

Fatal error: Call to member function articles() on a non-object in
/home/username/forum_domain/admin/applications_addon/other/portal/sources/blocks.php on line 472 

If I remove your Portal everything functions as it should, I redownloaded and reinstalled, and unfortunately came to the same outcome.

Do you have any suggestions on what I could do to solve this?

Thanks!

Try rebuilding your ip.board mobile skin cache, in acp > look & feel tab > template tools.

If it's outside of the IPB folder, you don't replace your existing index.php file.

Hi Michael, that is the way I thought it was setup.

the portal's index.php is at public_html(root) and my forums index.php is in my public_html/ssc directory. The portal and forums are working fine, its only the ip.content pages not working right any more? Would I have to edit the .htaccess or something, I do notice that the portal's index.php is missing a lot compared to the ip.content index.php which I was using. Do I have to revert some IP.Content settings to get ip.content to work right with portal?