Portal

Michael.J

I've noticed the portal doesn't resize youtube media posts showing in the centre block and they overlay side blocks, any plans to fix this in the future?

The best option would be to change the dimensions of your Youtube media tag. I have messed with code that searches for and resizes the embed codes but I've found it too unreliable.

Hi, is it possible to add a script from the board index so that it shows on the portal?

This is what I want to add:

<script language="JavaScript" src="{$this->settings['img_url']}/js/countdown.js"></script>

Not sure to why the way the Author the skin using in board index ! i have script for my skin i placed into GlobalTemplate and when this app clicked you still have script counting down

Hi Mike :smile:

I'm not sure if this is a skin issue or portal. But I noticed embedded attachment images to do not show on the portal page. They display fine in Chrome but an icon instead is shown for Opera, IE and FF.

attachicon.gifissue.png

Just for this skin or others? If you right click and view the alt text, what's the url of the image?

It seems that the 'Newest Posts' block is displaying all posts instead of just what the user should see based on permissions - e.g. guests can view posts that are auto-hidden and that should not be viewable to them, such as posts by non-validated users. Can anyone help with a fix for this please?

Forum permissions or group permissions? Please let me know the exact permissions and will see they are included. Auto hidden as in an unapproved post?

Forum permissions or group permissions? Please let me know the exact permissions and will see they are included. Auto hidden as in an unapproved post?

By 'auto-hidden', I mean automatically set to unapproved status upon posting, like with posts by members of any group where 'Moderate content of everyone in this group?' is set to Yes. However, upon further testing, it seems to happen with any unapproved post, including posts that were not auto-hidden but only hidden later.

For unapproved posts, forum permissions are honored but group permissions are apparently not, as groups that are not allowed to view unapproved posts (such as guests, validating users, and regular members) can still view captions of them in the 'Newest Posts' Portal block.

IPB 3.4.1, Portal 1.3.0.

Hi Mike,

I need your support for the following "issue", originally sent to IPS:

I need your support regarding Facebook. If I am posting www.audi-freunde.de at Facebook the IPS Logo and the message "Java script is disabled" is shown and I do not know where to change this. This is happening since I started the board weeks ago. Please have a look at my screenshot.

post-320727-0-77741300-1357046905_thumb.

I got the following answer from IPS:

Hello,

This message is showing because your homepage does not have a "meta description" tag set. You will need to speak to the author of the 3rd-party Portal application that you are using on your homepage to find out how to set this.

Could you please help me how to do that?

Thanks for your support!

By 'auto-hidden', I mean automatically set to unapproved status upon posting, like with posts by members of any group where 'Moderate content of everyone in this group?' is set to Yes. However, upon further testing, it seems to happen with any unapproved post, including posts that were not auto-hidden but only hidden later.

For unapproved posts, forum permissions are honored but group permissions are apparently not, as groups that are not allowed to view unapproved posts (such as guests, validating users, and regular members) can still view captions of them in the 'Newest Posts' Portal block.

IPB 3.4.1, Portal 1.3.0.

Ok let me know if this edit works, it won't check permissions for each forum but will only show posts marked as "visible".

Open admin/applications_addon/other/portal/sources/blocks.php

Find:

'where'  => "t.approved=1 AND t.forum_id IN (" . implode( ",", $forum_ids ) . ")",

Replace With:

'where'  => "t.approved=1 AND t.forum_id IN (" . implode( ",", $forum_ids ) . ") AND".$this->registry->class_forums->fetchPostHiddenQuery('visible'),

Save admin/applications_addon/other/portal/sources/blocks.php.

If there is more interest I'll see about including the block in the Portal but right now it is only compatible with older versions of IPB and Portal.

attachicon.giffacebook error 2.jpg

I got the following answer from IPS:

Problem is that facebook requires a meta description for each share link. I can't provide that right now for each topic, as far as I am aware there can only be one meta description per page.

Hi Mike, regarding the Facebook issue - is there at least the possibility to change the logo?

Almost forget this actually - http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/340062-download-portal/?p=2314852 - It won't use the meta for each topic but can use the boards meta description if you've set one. Just so that no javascript message is not shown.

For now there will not have the time to log on to the portal as the previous version.

Please, if anyone can make a plugin for login box please.

If it's urgent, would recommend the custom services area in the market place. Until there is more interest, I can't put too much time into it.

Ok let me know if this edit works, it won't check permissions for each forum but will only show posts marked as "visible".

Open admin/applications_addon/other/portal/sources/blocks.php

Find:

'where'  => "t.approved=1 AND t.forum_id IN (" . implode( ",", $forum_ids ) . ")",

Replace With:

'where'  => "t.approved=1 AND t.forum_id IN (" . implode( ",", $forum_ids ) . ") AND".$this->registry->class_forums->fetchPostHiddenQuery('visible'),

Save admin/applications_addon/other/portal/sources/blocks.php.

Yes, it works! Thank you so much.