Portal

Michael.J

Mike, When someone posts a large image (inline) it appears within the posts as it should on the portal page but since upgrading the picture is overstretching? (going outside the posting area) how would I force it to resize or at least not over stretch?

Started in IPB 3.4 correct?

When I re-added the original portal it shows up as able to be installed but when I try to install it the installer thinks it's installed already?

What were the results of the queries I mentioned before? Aiwa posted a solution to the initial errors you got.

Go into ACP > Support Tab > SQL Toolbox. See what database prefix you have before each table, typically it will be ibf_.so you would need to modify my queries to take that into account. e.g.

SELECT * FROM upgrade_history WHERE upgrade_app='portal'
SELECT * FROM core_applications WHERE app_directory='portal

No I am still using version 3.3.4 at the moment

There are external images or attachments? Just tried an external image in 3.4 and was added in 3.3 some time ago.

Go into ACP > Support Tab > SQL Toolbox. See what database prefix you have before each table, typically it will be ibf_.so you would need to modify my queries to take that into account. e.g.

SELECT * FROM upgrade_history WHERE upgrade_app='portal'
SELECT * FROM core_applications WHERE app_directory='portal

Results: Manual Query - ibf_upgrade_history
upgrade_id		upgrade_version_id		upgrade_version_human		upgrade_date		upgrade_mid		upgrade_notes		upgrade_app	
64		31007		3.1.4		1353229779		0			portal

Results: Manual Query - ibf_core_applications Error This query appears to be invalid: SELECT * FROM ibf_core_applications WHERE app_directory='portal

Sorry forget a bit of the query, try this for the second one.

SELECT * FROM core_applications WHERE app_directory='portal'

Results: Manual Query - ibf_core_applications
app_id		app_title		app_public_title		app_description		app_author		app_version		app_long_version		app_directory		app_added		app_position		app_protected		app_enabled		app_location		app_hide_tab		app_tab_groups		app_website		app_update_check		app_global_caches

Run this query eliteone and then upload the latest Portal again to try and install.

DELETE FROM ibf_upgrade_history WHERE upgrade_app='portal'

I am looking for a way to create a portal plugin that displays the latest blog posts ?

I don't have IPS plugins supported yet, will probably be in a future version.

Portal has just been updated to v1.3, support for IP.Board 3.4 is tested and confirmed. As well as the addition of the Newest Posts, Board Stats, Newest Members and Top Posters portal plugins that I recently took over from Michael. These a now default portal blocks with a few improvements for each one. These blocks can still be removed for those who won't use them.

These were attachments Mike (then I added them into the post)

Sorry still not able to reproduce this. Is this on your forum now, so I can take a look at it? By the way, the improvements you suggested for the portal plugins have been added in the latest Portal. I didn't get a chance to test what would happen if you upgrade the Portal and still had the portal plugin installed. But should just show duplicate entries until you remove the old portal plugin.

Mike,

Any idea what would cause Portal not to display in the Install field? I originally had an error stating it was in the IPB directory (So I removed the old directory) now it doesn't show at all. I also dropped any old tables in case they where causing problems.

I've uploaded the admin directory (My admin directory has another name which has been reflected) and it nothing new shows in the admin panel.

Mike,

Any idea what would cause Portal not to display in the Install field? I originally had an error stating it was in the IPB directory (So I removed the old directory) now it doesn't show at all. I also dropped any old tables in case they where causing problems.

I've uploaded the admin directory (My admin directory has another name which has been reflected) and it nothing new shows in the admin panel.

Try running both queries mentioned here. You might have some old info in the application or upgrade history tables preventing a new install.

Try running both queries mentioned here. You might have some old info in the application or upgrade history tables preventing a new install.

hmmm, I gave that a try and got the following error:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SELECT * FROM ibf_core_applications WHERE app_directory='portal' at line 2

Sorry still not able to reproduce this. Is this on your forum now, so I can take a look at it? By the way, the improvements you suggested for the portal plugins have been added in the latest Portal. I didn't get a chance to test what would happen if you upgrade the Portal and still had the portal plugin installed. But should just show duplicate entries until you remove the old portal plugin.

Have a look at my latest post Haywood Country Park HERE and you will see what I mean John

Is there a way to move the portal tab to the left of the forums tab? In other words, can it be moved to the far left on the primary navigation bar and be first when reading from left to right?

IPB only allows you to re-order the navigation tabs within each of the application categories. (Core Apps, IPS Apps, 3rd Party Apps). You'll need to add the link manually to the template bit and disable the Portal tab.

Can you give me an instruction on how to do this?

I would really love to install this, but I need the ability to import from blogs... as I need different news sections, it far more logical to use blogs then have a handful of news forums.

I'll save this idea for a future version.

Ah Michael my apologies I'm such an idiot. I had the application installed from a previous installation but it was disabled... Thus explaining the reason it wasn't showing in the Not Installed list *face

palm*

No worries, will see about improving install documentation to help with previous installs.

Have a look at my latest post Haywood Country Park

HERE

and you will see what I mean John

I assume you've modified your "Attachment image thumbnail size" setting? The same function that resizes external images won't be applied to attachment thumbnails. If you make your browser window narrow, you'll see the attachment even overlays the border in the topic itself. You'll either need to lower your attachment thumbnail size or make more room in the Portal by decreasing your right sidebar size.

Can you give me an instruction on how to do this?

That post is a little dated, you can now drag and drop applications in all application categories now. Just drag the Portal application to the very top.