Portal

Michael.J

Hi There,

Just installed, when i access the portal page i get a white screen.

My server error log says the following;

[Mon Nov 12 22:30:01 2012] [warn] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function articles() on a non-object in /var/www/vhosts/travel-fans.com/httpdocs/admin/applications_addon/other/portal/sources/blocks.php on line 320

Any help appreciated.

Dave.

Anyone have any idea on how to resolve the following problem.

I have my website set up on the root url and the forums in /forum

On the root of the site I have the index.php as supplied with the portal redirecting to the portal page.

I'm trying to setup a pull CDN through Maxcdn and when I enter the IP address of my server and test it then it says "ERROR: 302 Moved Temporarily", this is being caused by the redirection in the index.php as removing the index.php file allows the test to go through correctly. Unfortunately it means that the CDN doesnt work as its not finding the files to serve.

Anyone else have a setup using a pull CDN with the portal enabled to redirect or have any other ideas on a better way to do this?

Managed to fix this, just removed the redirect and made the portal outside the forums.

Hi There,

Just installed, when i access the portal page i get a white screen.

My server error log says the following;

[Mon Nov 12 22:30:01 2012] [warn] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function articles() on a non-object in /var/www/vhosts/travel-fans.com/httpdocs/admin/applications_addon/other/portal/sources/blocks.php on line 320

Any help appreciated.

Dave.

Is your server running mod_sec or suhosin? All these white screens you get in all different apps leads me to believe that your issues are server related rather than mod related... mod_fcgid issue also lends toward a non-optimal Apache configuration.

Edited by Aiwa

Hi Michael,

How are you? I hope that you are well.

On your original portal the above edits worked perfectly. I notice that these edits are now included in the new 1.2.0 version! superb!

Today, I have completely removed all the old files and uninstalled portal 1.0, I then rebuilt everything.

I then installed the new portal after first upgrading the forums to version 3.3.4 and checkied all was working fine, but now I hae the same issue as before, topics not bumping or going back to the top in the portal but I have noticed today that if I show 20 topics for example (admin option) instead of the usual 8 that I prefer, some of the topics are showing at the top after being bumped, so it must be something to do with this do you think? becuase I then tried showing 20 topics and everything that I have bumped was in the correct order in the main portal section. Bumping within the forums themselves work fine, it's just the order that the appear in the main forum and side block that differ, any idea's?

I am also wondering does this have anything to do with the date of a post? I need to be able to bump ANY post regardless.

Also posts normally bump back to the top of a forum upon relies yes?

By default it won't use the last post date but rather the largest topic id (which should be the latest topic). That edit mentioned before will still need to be applied.

By default it won't use the last post date but rather the largest topic id (which should be the latest topic). That edit mentioned before will still need to be applied.

Thank you for your reply.

So what edits do I need to apply to the portal to make a topic bump back to the top upon a new reply? (regardless of when the topic was started) I would also like to be able to bump topics back to the top as I have always done using (Bump Up Mod) unless that is the same edits?

I am somewhat confused as it looks like those edits are already done in this new version as the ;

$this->DB->build( array( 'select' => 't.tid, t.start_date',
'from' => 'topics t',
'where' => $pinnedWhere . "t.approved=1 AND t.state != 'link' AND " . implode( ' AND ', $where_clause ),
'order' => 't.last_post DESC',
'limit' => array ( $limit - count( $pinned ) ) ) );

Then the next part of the edit seems to also be done in this newer portal version

//krsort( $unpinned );

So can you explain whih edits that I need to do please and can you just confirm the correct file is recent_topics.php

So what edits do I need to apply to the portal to make a topic bump back to the top upon a new reply? (regardless of when the topic was started) I would also like to be able to bump topics back to the top as I have always done using (Bump Up Mod) unless that is the same edits?

Same edits as before, as I'm guessing that bump topics mod just updates the last reply date.

I am somewhat confused as it looks like those edits are already done in this new version as the ;

So can you explain whih edits that I need to do please and can you just confirm the correct file is recent_topics.php

I've moved the default plugins over to the new "blocks" in v1.2. So chances are your looking at a non used file. Try applying the edit to admin/applications_addon/other/portal/sources/blocks.php instead.

Same edits as before, as I'm guessing that bump topics mod just updates the last reply date.

I've moved the default plugins over to the new "blocks" in v1.2. So chances are your looking at a non used file. Try applying the edit to admin/applications_addon/other/portal/sources/blocks.php instead.

Your the man!! That's it all working again :smile: thank you so much, your support is first class. You have made my day.

I pulled the portal per this part of the instructions:

Make sure you remove the portal folder from the admin/applications_addon/ips/ folder.
You may still have old portal plugins that have not been upgraded for IPB 3.2. You can find these in the applications extensions/portalPlugins/ folder.

Can you run both these queries and see if there are any results?

SELECT * FROM upgrade_history WHERE upgrade_app='portal'
SELECT * FROM core_applications WHERE app_directory='portal

The IPB version that removed the portal should of removed references to the old Portal. If it wasn't removed, first try re-adding the old portal into the admin/applications_addon/ips/ directory and then try uninstalling it. Then you can re-add and install the new portal. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll put together some queries that you can run to manually remove the old portal.

I need some help configuring the portal page. Where do I find some more blocks for the main part of the portal? At the moment I have only the block "Latest Topics Main" and I do not know what topics will be displayed? I am able to see two articles but only those two........and I do not know why ?

Search the IPS Marketplace for "Portal Plugin" to find other plugins you can install. You can move and arrange the default blocks in ACP > Other Apps dropdown > Portal > Manage Blocks.

And you can adjust the number of topics pulled in that block in ACP > System Tab > System Settings > DevFuse tab > Portal.

Can you run both these queries and see if there are any results?

SELECT * FROM upgrade_history WHERE upgrade_app='portal'
SELECT * FROM core_applications WHERE app_directory='portal

The IPB version that removed the portal should of removed references to the old Portal. If it wasn't removed, first try re-adding the old portal into the admin/applications_addon/ips/ directory and then try uninstalling it. Then you can re-add and install the new portal. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll put together some queries that you can run to manually remove the old portal.

On the first query Table '*****DB09.upgrade_history' doesn't exist

On the second one This query appears to be invalid: SELECT * FROM core_applications WHERE app_directory='portal

hello,i have installed portal on my forums,i have forums in a subfolder called forum.it is like this www.site.com/forum

I have inserted the php file in the main domain and it is ok.When i type in www.mysite.com it shows me the portal,but if i insert without www its redirecting me to the forum.any ideea why?Thank you.

IPB will add the www to any url setup under the ips registry. I haven't researched this in great detail but I believe the following edit should work.

Open index.php (This is the file you placed on mysite.com)

Find:

define( 'IPS_PUBLIC_SCRIPT', 'home.php' );

Add BELOW:

define('CCS_GATEWAY_CALLED', true);

Save index.php. Let me know how it goes and if there are any side effects to it.