Portal

Michael.J

ok some minor issue, the portal plugin didn't take in account the topic filter key for the 4 forum i use to push on portal it's set by start_date, it act as last_post_date.. so it a big disturbing now on portal like old news came back from grave ... because someone just reply to a old topic on the news section

www.recifalnews.fr

more informations :

last version of ipb 3.3.1

in admin/applications/forums/extensions/portalPlugins/recent_topics.php

i get :

$this->DB->build( array( 'select' => 't.tid, t.start_date',

'from'   => 'topics t',

'where'  => "t.pinned=1 AND t.approved=1 AND t.state != 'link' AND " . implode( ' AND ', $where_clause ),

//'order'  => 't.tid DESC',

'limit'  => array ( $limit ) ) );

and

$this->DB->execute();

while( $row = $this->DB->fetch() )

{

$pinned[ $row['start_date'] ] = $row['tid'];

$all[ $row['start_date'] ]    = $row['tid'];

}

ihave made a try without the // before the 'order' => 't.tid DESC', nothing better

the portal act as it t.start_date act as t.last_post if you take a look at screenshot attached one of the forum used for portal is set up as t.start_date (french here sorry about that),

i have made several test and i can just by posting re up top of the pill old subject

How do you have solved?

• 2 weeks later...

The new portal block feature is nice but I can't use the blocks I made in IP.Content like before?
It was easy to customize my right sidebar with that in the skin / skeletontemplate:

<div class='ipsLayout_right'>

<!--::portal_sitenav::-->

{parse block="blog_add"}

{parse block="pubinfluence"}

{parse block="sb-block"}

<!--::latest_topics_sidebar::-->

{parse block="Last_Status"}

<!--::online_users_show::-->

<!--::portal_show_poll::-->

<!--::portal_affiliates::-->

</div>

I did edit the file (in a nicer way) to have my home like before but can't I use your system to parse the blocks?

While reporting stuff, I have a bug on the sharing buttons for ages. Basically, the buttons dont share the good article... :x
You can test that yourself on http://www.geekzone.fr/ipb/portal/ Any idea on how to fix that?

Still possible just the layout has changed a bit and you'll need to add your ip.content blocks in another place. For example if you want to add them to the right column, use this edit.

Find:

{parse template="showBlocks" group="portal" params="$rightBlocks"}[/CODE]

Add BELOW:

[CODE] {parse block="blog_add"} {parse block="pubinfluence"} {parse block="sb-block"} {parse block="Last_Status"}

Share links bug is still known just couldn't get a solid fix in last issue, still working on for next version though.

Thanks a lot for the quick answer! :smile:

I did that but like this to get the blocks in the right order :

<div class='ipsLayout_right'>

{parse block="blog_add"}

{parse block="pubinfluence"}

{parse block="sb-block"}

{parse block="Last_Status"}

{parse template="showBlocks" group="portal" params="$rightBlocks"} 

</div>

For the "Latest Topics" settings in the portal, is there a way to tweak it to display *only pinned* topics from the specified forums on the portal page?

Change the setting Don't pin pinned topics to No.

Open admin/applications_addon/other/portal/sources/blocks.php

Find and Remove:

/* Still need more? */

if ( count( $pinned ) < $limit )

{

$pinnedWhere    = $this->settings['portal_exclude_pinned'] ? "" : "t.pinned=0 AND ";

$this->DB->build( array( 'select' => 't.tid, t.start_date, t.last_post',

'from'   => 'topics t',

'where'  => $pinnedWhere . "t.approved=1 AND t.state != 'link' AND " . implode( ' AND ', $where_clause ),

'order'  => 'tid DESC',

'limit'  => array ( $limit - count( $pinned ) ) ) );

$this->DB->execute();

while( $row = $this->DB->fetch() )

{

$unpinned[ $row['last_post'] ] = $row['tid'];

$all[ $row['last_post'] ]	  = $row['tid'];

}

}

Save admin/applications_addon/other/portal/sources/blocks.php. Now should only show pinned topics.

@Ken Ng: yes, we do - it is the first tab. We use Fusion Menu right now, with our 3.14 board but when we upgrade to 3.3.2, we will shift to Pro Menu 2.0

With these custom menu mods, you can create whatever navigation you want.

Our portal page is a 3-col layout topped with Michael's Global message and then the center column is Headstand Super News Feed, and the left column has latest blog entries, calendar entries, and latest social groups. The right column has birthdays, latest posts, online users, and newest members.

@Ken Ng: yes and no. If you upgrade to 3.3.2, AND you have IP Content, then you can have a customized navigation without buying ProMenu.

I will let the other coders on here or DevFuse himself comment on the need for buying Pro Menu vs. editing the code in the skin to show the portal app as the 'Home' tab. I think you could make some code changes to have a navigation item that said Home instead of Portal but in terms of acting truly like a tab that lights up when you hover over it, your best bet is ProMenu.

If as home page, you mean loading then check this post. If you want to rename the tab, just edit the application and change the tab name to Home.
As for using one of the menu applications, I personally don't but after re-adding the tabs manually in the templates the last few updates. I'll be buying it myself.

Hey Mike, two questions :)

1. when ever I post a link from the portal to facebook I see this

You currently have javascript disabled. Several functions may not work. Please re-enable javascript to access full functionality.

How do I enable it, or is it a thing with facebook?

2. is there away I could set a meta image for the portal when I post on facebook? :)

cheers buddy.