We are closed Thursday 23rd November and Friday 24th November. Support is still available via your client center but response times may be delayed.
Invision Community

Hi -

The portal is the main gateway to our forums and it is totally non-functional now. It kind of makes our entire board non-functional since there is no doorway to other things.

Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Should I disable it? The application is still part of the IPS app since my install is 3.14.

Tech support won't offer any help. They said to turn to you.

I clicked on Manage Applications & Modules, then I clicked on Portal which then took me to Portal Admin Modules and if I click on Portal Management, it shows I can disable it but what does that do? I can also do the same with the Portal Public Modules but it says basically the same thing, that I can disable it but the note says that will only remove it from the menu ...

I seem to recall the tech support people giving me advice to never, never touch the public and admin modules of the apps.

Alternatively, I can go to Manage Applications & Modules, and then click on the select arrow button in the circle way to the right, and simply choose Edit Applications details and then I have a setting there that says Application Enbabled, yes/no. Finally, using the same select arrow button, I can choose remove application. But if I do that, then it is gone forever, right?

Really desperate here. Thanks for any advice you might have.

Cheers,

Brian

I would like to add gallery (ideally random) images to the portal. Is there a way to do that?

Sorry no plugins for IPS apps yet, hopefully soon.

The portal is the main gateway to our forums and it is totally non-functional now. It kind of makes our entire board non-functional since there is no doorway to other things.

Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

If you can, would suggest an uninstall then re-install of the Portal app. The IPB 3.1.x Portal files are still available in the IPS Marketplace. If you would like, PM me with board access and I can take a look. To be honest I can only theorize what could be wrong until I actually start troubleshooting myself.

The portal had just been updated with a few new features and improvements.

• Instructions on how to add Portal outside of your forums folder.
  • New option to show or hide portal blocks.
  • Introduction of mobile skin support for the Portal.
  • New top and bottom block positions for portal blocks.
  • Option to choose sidebar block layout width.
  • Various layout and skin changes. (e.g. the share link alignment bug.)

Also a big thanks to z1000-forum.de for the suggestions and code to implement the new block positions and sidebar width option. You can check out the many Portal plugins he has here.

IPB 3.3.4
Portal 1.2.0

Has anyone else noticed that the settings in the ACP > System Settings > DevFuse > Portal for the "Latest Topics Sidebar" are ignored here? Doesn't matter in my installation what value I select here the returned topics is always "5"

Also the Laest_Downloads hook has no way of setting the returned value it always shows 10.

Is there an easy way to set these values or does is require editing the hook itself?

Thanks in advance.

If no value present for that setting it does default to 5, check you haven't gotten a blank space in the setting. But I have checked the code and it appears pretty rock solid.

I don't have a IP.Downloads hook for the Portal, you'll need to contact the author of it. But if it's using the same code as the standard hook, you will need to change the hook file. It will usually have this code in it.

$files = $idm_api->returnDownloads( 0, 10, 1 );

I'm calling the plugin using the main custom block like this:

<table align="center" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1">

<tr>

<td width="35%" rowspan="2" valign="top"><!--::recent_topics_discussions_last_x::--> 

</td>

<td width="35%" rowspan="2" valign="top"><!--::recent_downloads_last_x::-->

</td>

</tr>

</table>

Mike this what I was looking for...p e r f e c t portal

Now a quick question..

My forum, www.vespaforumhellas.gr is going at the Forum when you go there and not to the portal(Home)...how can I cange so it will go to Home and without having all the http://www.vespaforumhellas.gr/index.php?/portal/ so just the www.vespaforumhellas.gr?

Thank you very much for the help

Most likely in your sites root directory (usually public_html) there is a file called initdata.php. There is a line in there, part way down, that needs to be edited. See my image below to see it better.

post-287845-0-68268600-1343577587_thumb.

The yellow hilighted "portal" most likely reads "forums" in yours. If it doesnt work then simply change it back to "forums".