Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no plans to add that to the @ feature. In order to make that work, you have to also be able to then account for what happens when someone edits a shout that has that in it. The group prefix and suffix stuff is pure HTML, and editing it would have to strip that out, but in order to do that it has to know how to properly strip it out. It's not something that can be added with one or two quick lines of code.

Hi, I've been having a problem with my site and showing a white page and nothing will load. At first i did think it was because of another mod so removed that but still the problem was still present.

Eventual started reading the server error logs to see if that could shed some light on what the problem was and the shoutbox was coming up many times. I've added the error code which led me to think the shoutbox was the main cause.

[Sat Apr 28 18:24:52 2012] [error] [client 94.**.2*.**] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method skin_shoutbox_hooks_16::hookOnlineTab() in /*****/***/djpassions.co.uk/public_html/hooks/shoutboxOnlineTab_cb6b8f3a1ff055faff206d32ba8c5d36.php on line 39

I've not removed two of the hooks and the problem seems to have gone and has been now but I'm sure that only one of the hooks is the main cause, but for now I've not put anytime into seeing which one it was just yet.

I would also like to add im running 1.3.2 of the shoutbox

If you've not installed it, then where are you getting that error message?

If you don't have any links anywhere to install this, then you're either not looking in the right place or you have failed to upload all of the files to their proper locations. You need to upload the contents of the 'upload' folder in the zip file you downloaded into your forum's root. If you have renamed your 'admin' directory, then be sure to upload the the files for this app into that renamed directory instead. Then after doing that, you should have a link to install this from the Manage Applications & Modules page in the Admin CP.

I had to make folders to place to items to upload in those folders I made..

Web Public html - Admin - Applications_addon - Other - made folder for Shoutbox & added stuff along with other folders in it as well..

then

went into Public - Style Images - Master - added a folder for shoutbox there and uploaded what need to be in that folder..

and still got nothing I don't know what I did wrong

okay now I am getting this...

Fatal error[color=#000000]: Call to a member function no_mods() on a non-object in [/color]/home/mjjutopi/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/sources/classes/library.php[color=#000000] on line [/color]226

This question is answered in the Shoutbox FAQ:

Q. I get one of these errors on my site now when I've installed this app:

Fatal error: Call to a member function announcement() on a non-object in /admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/sources/classes/library.php on line 381

Fatal error: Call to a member function shout_row() on a non-object in /admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/sources/classes/library.php on line 710

Fatal error: Call to a member function no_mods() on a non-object in /admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/sources/classes/library.php on line 226

A. Like the error above, this one may point to a different location and line number, but as long as it's referring to "announcement()", "shout_row()" or "no_mods", that means that your skin templates didn't get added when you installed this. Make sure you have properly uploaded all files for this version, then visit the Look & Feel -> Template Tools page in the Admin CP and run the Rebuild Master Skin Data (check the boxes for 'Rebuild HTML' and 'Shoutbox') tool, then run the 'Recache Skin Sets' tool for all skins.

How do i change defaulting shouting font colour in shoutbox?

There is no built-in option to do this.

Hey Michael, I just upgraded to 3.3 and the latest version of shoutbox. when in pop-up mode the background looks all funny, please see screenshot.

post-168862-0-05746800-1336042968_thumb.

Mods don't always look correct on third-party skins, they are designed to look correct on the stock skin on IP.Board. If you mix a third-party mod with a third-party skin, it should be expected that there will be things like this that you'd need to address.

okay now I am getting a driver error..

There appears to be an error with the database.
If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

gah I am not good with all this please help?

Archived