Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

Yeah you've tottaly right :D that was my skin which I'm using as default skin :) I try it on IP Skin and my second light skin where it works fine. On my dark skin i actually can't only edit shout's but don't see @ symbol... :( ehhh... I even don't know from where to start to fix it.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's this line in the skin_shoutbox -> shout_row template:

<a href="#" class="at_member" data-store="{$d['members_display_name']}" title="{$this->lang->words['insert_name']}">@</a>&nbsp;

The next version will have a setting to toggle this off: http://invisionfocus.com/tracker/issue-541-add-the-ability-to-toggle-new-features-onoff/page__view__findpost__p__1985

Its me again im having trouble with the buttons again i've tried ever step that you gave me last time to fix it but this time it didn't work. If you could please help me fix this that would be great :). Ive also rebuilt my skin and the shoutbox mad sure that everything got installed properly?

anyone having issues with the shoutbox not submitting/editing entries in FireFox 11?

Just tested in Firefox 11.0 and everything works fine. Posting and editing work just as well in the latest Chrome and Opera.
Try to clear your browser cache completely. In fact, why not start a Private Browsing session in Firefox to see how the new shoutbox responds in your case.

Just installed shoutbox 1.3.0... have @ turned off, but I have the /me turned on... I tried it out in the shoutbox and the /me isnt working (everything else works even the Edit/load mod tools) Just the /me isnt working ...

Make sure you have uploaded the latest javascript file for this app and do a hard browser refresh.

After ipgrade forum (test only) to 3.3.0 a can't see emoticons in Shoutbox. When i try edit shout in editor i see emots. When I save shout in Shoutbox i see ony text

Like screnshoot. Tag /me not working too

There's nothing really I can suggest for that, it's IP.Board that parses those emoticons, not anything special I do in this app.

Make sure you have uploaded the latest javascript file for this app and do a hard browser refresh.

Cleaned all caches (on all browsers, IE, FF, Chrome), have done DNS Flush... most recent/latest JS file is in there... /me still doesnt work..
Now the question is, other than RLKP and myself, is there anyone else having the /me issue? If its not just us too, then its something else..

I have uploaded the files using "auto" and "binary" modes, Hard refreshes, complete Cache clean, DNS Flush... So it can't be something on my end, Unless its "another" skin issue again.

Cleaned all caches (on all browsers, IE, FF, Chrome), have done DNS Flush... most recent/latest JS file is in there... /me still doesnt work..

Now the question is, other than RLKP and myself, is there anyone else having the /me issue? If its not just us too, then its something else..

I have uploaded the files using "auto" and "binary" modes, Hard refreshes, complete Cache clean, DNS Flush... So it can't be something on my end, Unless its "another" skin issue again.

I can confirm.

I can confirm.

Same here /me fails to work. Ensured upload, hard refresh, rebuilt masters, recached, even uninstalled and reinstalled and did the aforementioned steps once again and still /me fails to work.
(Using default IPB skin so it's not a skin issue)

Just tested in Firefox 11.0 and everything works fine. Posting and editing work just as well in the latest Chrome and Opera.

Try to clear your browser cache completely. In fact, why not start a Private Browsing session in Firefox to see how the new shoutbox responds in your case.

knowing Firefox this would not surprise me .. its why I tossed the question out there .. I haven't installed it on my site yet .. but I do use it for testing while developing locally .. so its not like its effected me in any fashion .. was more curious more than anything .. thanks for the response back

Same here /me fails to work. Ensured upload, hard refresh, rebuilt masters, recached, even uninstalled and reinstalled and did the aforementioned steps once again and still /me fails to work.

(Using default IPB skin so it's not a skin issue)

Addressed in the next version:

http://invisionfocus.com/tracker/issue-551-me-tag-looks-for-wrong-setting/

I apologize if this is not the place to ask this question, but is there a way for me to turn off video embedding inside the shout box and have the video simply post as a link?

Go to the media tag bbcode and edit it and restrict which applications it can be used in.

Archived