Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, it does work fine in this version. I haven't touched anything with the code for this, so there's no way it could have stopped working. Here's me testing this on my site:

post-44642-0-36873900-1311200580_thumb.p

If you're expecting that changing this setting will change anything with existing shouts, it will not, it never did do that. In only gets checked when shouts are being submitted.

I gave you the link to the bug report for that. I confirmed that was a problem, I fixed it, it will be in the next release. I'm not sure why you're bringing IPS into this, they don't have anything to do with getting third-party resources to work.

Thank you Michael, it had to be turned off not on, all working fine for me now, your a star %7Boption%7D

Michael, I did want to ask about the releases. You said that the post/edit box has been fixed for the final version of Shoutbox but I've only seen the first beta available for download in the Resources site. Has it been updated recently or has it went straight to the final version?

There are two versions of the Shoutbox out in the Marketplace right now. This is the topic for the 3.0 and 3.1 version of the app, which you can download here. The version for 3.2 is here, and is not in beta anymore. The other topic you posted in was probably the right one, that was the one for 3.2.

They each have their 'Supported IPS Software Version' field set to indicate which version they're for, but that probably doesn't get noticed as often as it should. Do you have any suggestions for how to better handle this, rather than going back to using prefixes for each mod?

Hi there

Here's a puzzler.

I am testing a forums on 3 pcs. One using Firefox and the other two using IE9.

I have installed the new version of Shoutbox into 3.2. It is working fine on one of my IE9 and Firefox PCs.

But for some reason on the other one --- on a particularly wide screen --- the area of the Shoutbox that actually shows the posts, and the box where you type, are half the width of the area that the Shoutbox actually takes up. So there's simply some space on the right hand area. Rather strange. Any ideas on that?

Thanks

You could edit the hook's and change the hook point that it ties in to, but then you couldn't use any of the settings designed for the hook as they'll overwrite any changes you made to the hook itself. I can't give absolute freedom to let you position it wherever you want, the hooks system in IP.Board doesn't work that way.

This was the reason I ended up removing it from my site, since the shoutbox is pretty much in the most targeted ad location for banner ads. Bottom of the main forum page would work for me. Other than that, it worked flawlessly...

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4 bytes) in /var/www/ips_kernel/classDbMysqliClient.php on line 465

How can I either fix that or set the allowed memory size a bit higher?

It always happens when I want to call the shoutbox archive from even an hour.

A couple issues for some reason after i arranged my emoticons in the admin CP the smilies button doesn't work anymore and the bbcode button open us a page with an error.

Here is the BBcode button error...

Fatal error: Call to undefined method skin_gallery_global_12::bbCode() in /home/****/public_html/forums/admin/applications_addon/ips/gallery/extensions/bbcode/gallery.php on line 298

I'm not sure if the BBcode button error has to do with the smilies error but i do know re-arranging smilies caused them to disappear from the smilies drop down and now the drop down doesn't even work, i guess because I've rearranged all my smilies.

Hi,

Upgraded shoutbox, all seems to have gone well, can access management and tools configuration, and add group moderators etc, but if I try to change any 'Settings' like global configuration or online/offline it just tells me 'No group was passed. Please try again.' ideas?

Archived