Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This might have been answered already, but I don't have time to go trough the whole thread right now...

I just installed the shoutbox, and it looks great, BUT for some reason, every word gets capitalized which is extremely annoying. Is this something in the script, or is it my skin that do this?

%7Boption%7D

EDIT: Nevermind... I just turned off the "Stop shouting in shouts?" option, and that solved the problem... I don't know why though!

Okay, I'm sorry if this has been asked before (in advance).

I have a forum (360chatter.com) and a subdomain (360chatter.com/ladders) . I was wondering if it is possible to put the shoutbox on the sub-domain by use of an iframe or something. I was hoping you would be like "Why YES, I happen to have the basic instructions/code/divine intervention here!"

:D Thanks
-Becca

This might have been answered already, but I don't have time to go trough the whole thread right now...

I just installed the shoutbox, and it looks great, BUT for some reason, every word gets capitalized which is extremely annoying. Is this something in the script, or is it my skin that do this?

%7Boption%7D

EDIT: Nevermind... I just turned off the "Stop shouting in shouts?" option, and that solved the problem... I don't know why though!

Topic titles do the same thing, if you prevent people from posting in all caps, it forces uppercase on the first letter of every word, and lowercase on the rest.

Can anyone tell me why the shoutbox capitalises the first letter of each word please, and give me a fix. Many thanks.

There is a setting in the Shoutbox ACP setting called "Stop Shouting" or something along those lines. Its supposed to stop THISSSS into this, but it just messes up and turns Everything Into This.

Michael, I have a strange problem. On my localhost host (live) copy, fresh install of beta works.
However, when I do the fresh install on my live site, the shoutbox doesn't appear on the index page.
I thought there were some remnant old shoutbox mysql tables left after the uninstall of the old version but that's not the case.

The localhost copy is 3.2.0 (upgraded from beta 1), while the live board was upgraded from 3.1.4 to 3.2.0 gold.

BTW, I did recache and rebuilt the templates on both occasions.

There is a setting in the Shoutbox ACP setting called "Stop Shouting" or something along those lines. Its supposed to stop THISSSS into this, but it just messes up and turns Everything Into This.

It works the same way as the standard function to stop shouting in topic title, I'd hardly say it was 'messing up'. Just disable the setting if you don't want it to do that.

so yea... when will this be not beta? i noticed a few things buggy, hehe i know they been fixted as i seen the tracker stuff.... thank you to everyone for a good mod %7Boption%7D

It will be updated when I have time to re-test it on 3.2 final.

Michael, I have a strange problem. On my localhost host (live) copy, fresh install of beta works.

However, when I do the fresh install on my live site, the shoutbox doesn't appear on the index page.

I thought there were some remnant old shoutbox mysql tables left after the uninstall of the old version but that's not the case.

The localhost copy is 3.2.0 (upgraded from beta 1), while the live board was upgraded from 3.1.4 to 3.2.0 gold.

BTW, I did recache and rebuilt the templates on both occasions.

Are you talking about the global shoutbox hook, or the entire application isn't showing up anywhere on the one site? If it's the hook, it's probably this issue: http://invisionfocus.com/tracker/issue-272-shoutbox-disappearing/

Already had that setting set mate, however it does not work, it did in the other version.

post-115865-0-41465800-1311196133_thumb.

^^It's not the only thing that doesn't work quite right with the new Shoutbox. This is not aimed at Michael, I'm just hoping him and IPS find a way for the mod to work as intended. Right now, it works on my live board only if shown on each page..which is not really ideal so I turned it off.

Already had that setting set mate, however it does not work, it did in the other version.

post-115865-0-41465800-1311196133_thumb.

Yes, it does work fine in this version. I haven't touched anything with the code for this, so there's no way it could have stopped working. Here's me testing this on my site:

post-44642-0-36873900-1311200580_thumb.p

If you're expecting that changing this setting will change anything with existing shouts, it will not, it never did do that. In only gets checked when shouts are being submitted.

^^It's not the only thing that doesn't work quite right with the new Shoutbox. This is not aimed at Michael, I'm just hoping him and IPS find a way for the mod to work as intended. Right now, it works on my live board only if shown on each page..which is not really ideal so I turned it off.

I gave you the link to the bug report for that. I confirmed that was a problem, I fixed it, it will be in the next release. I'm not sure why you're bringing IPS into this, they don't have anything to do with getting third-party resources to work.

I gave you the link to the bug report for that. I confirmed that was a problem, I fixed it, it will be in the next release. I'm not sure why you're bringing IPS into this, they don't have anything to do with getting third-party resources to work.

Because you said, during the beta, that the problem had something to do with IPS coding. I'm not "bringing IPS into this" at all, I'm just commenting, my comment is not a big deal and it shouldn't be treated as such.

If you say it's no longer related to the previously mentioned problem, ok. you say it'll be fixed in the next release - great! I'm really looking forward to it and once again, thanks for all the effort you put in the Shoutbox mod! :)

Hello,

there seems to be some issue with the Shoutbox and IE9. If I login to my board with IE9 it does not update, I have to refresh manually to see new shouts. However, if I use IE8 it correctly updates and after the set timeout it also displays the inactive box with the re-activate button. I did not try in compatibility mode, but that mode breaks other stuff, so it cannot be used (also, users usually don't use compatibility mode anyway).

Is this a known issue?

Thanks.

Archived