Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish there was some specific piece of advice I could give you. Evidently you've changed something on your site to cause this, as there's nothing built-in to the product that will have it just shut off in certain areas like that. All I can suggest is verify that you have everything uploaded properly, that you haven't made any incorrect edits to the skin templates or files for this app, and that you haven't added anything recently which might be conflicting with this.

Do you mean the global shoutbox that appears at the top of each page? That is a hook, and must be enabled and configured. Go to the Manage Hooks page to make sure it is enabled, then go to the settings for the hook under the My Apps -> Shoutbox page to set it up.

Michael i came across a little issue with the shoutbox main page,will when you click on the tab shoutbox and it bring you to the main page of the shoutbox the date,ads ect at the footer is on top of each other,the date and the copyright of the shoutbox are push to the left of the board also the ads is on top of the words.

Open /admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_public/view/display.php. Find:

$this->registry->output->addContent( "<div class='desc right' style='margin-top:10px;'>Powered by {$this->caches['app_cache']['shoutbox']['app_title']} {$this->caches['app_cache']['shoutbox']['app_version']} &#169; " . date('Y') . ", by <a href='http://invisionfocus.com/' rel='nofollow external'>Michael McCune</a>" );

Change to:

$this->registry->output->addContent( "<div class='desc right' style='margin-top:10px;'>Powered by {$this->caches['app_cache']['shoutbox']['app_title']} {$this->caches['app_cache']['shoutbox']['app_version']} &#169; " . date('Y') . ", by <a href='http://invisionfocus.com/' rel='nofollow external'>Michael McCune</a></div>" );

Save and upload.

Open /admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_public/view/display.php. Find:

$this->registry->output->addContent( "<div class='desc right' style='margin-top:10px;'>Powered by {$this->caches['app_cache']['shoutbox']['app_title']} {$this->caches['app_cache']['shoutbox']['app_version']} &#169; " . date('Y') . ", by <a href='http://invisionfocus.com/' rel='nofollow external'>Michael McCune</a>" );

Change to:

$this->registry->output->addContent( "<div class='desc right' style='margin-top:10px;'>Powered by {$this->caches['app_cache']['shoutbox']['app_title']} {$this->caches['app_cache']['shoutbox']['app_version']} &#169; " . date('Y') . ", by <a href='http://invisionfocus.com/' rel='nofollow external'>Michael McCune</a></div>" );

Save and upload.

Thank You!

I'm not sure why but after turning my shoutbox back on it refuses to parse any bbcode, smileys work fine but nothing else does (links/bold/italic/etc...). I've tried changing the settings, turning it off/on again, upgrading to v1.1.4 and a couple of other things but nothing seems to work. Is there anything I can do other than reinstall it?

None of the bbcodes work? Have you got all of your bbcodes set to work in the Shoutbox? Check on the 'BBCode Management' page in the Admin CP, edit each bbcode, and make sure you haven't unselected the Shoutbox from the 'Where can the BBCode be used?' section.

You could edit the hook's and change the hook point that it ties in to, but then you couldn't use any of the settings designed for the hook as they'll overwrite any changes you made to the hook itself. I can't give absolute freedom to let you position it wherever you want, the hooks system in IP.Board doesn't work that way.

You could edit the hook's and change the hook point that it ties in to, but then you couldn't use any of the settings designed for the hook as they'll overwrite any changes you made to the hook itself. I can't give absolute freedom to let you position it wherever you want, the hooks system in IP.Board doesn't work that way.

Where do I edit to make it happen?

Ok I figured it out...

ACP > Applications & Modules > Manage Hooks > Shoutbox (Global) > Edit Hook > Hook Files

The skin group this hook is in > skin boards
The skin function this hook is in > boardindextemplate
Type of template hook > if statement
The hook 'ID' > cats_forums
Position of template hook > (post.endif)

However, I'd like it to extend across the whole width of the forum, with these settings it stops at the sidebar column. Any ideas on how to make it extend the 100% width of the forum?

I tried putting it before the "showTotals" part but it just merged it into the statistics box and it was an ugly mess.

None of the bbcodes work? Have you got all of your bbcodes set to work in the Shoutbox? Check on the 'BBCode Management' page in the Admin CP, edit each bbcode, and make sure you haven't unselected the Shoutbox from the 'Where can the BBCode be used?' section.

I edited the URL BBCode, It's set to 'Available in all sections' so I tried selecting all of them instead but it broke it in all other sections.

Archived