Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michael, my apologies for sounding so terse. It just bugs me when someone posts an application like the IPS Shoutbox and then forces registration on another website. Sorry, but since my involvement with IPS is concentrated on this site, I just don't see the point in registering on another website. There are too many I have to keep track of as it is and being forced to keep track of yet another site to be registered to goes beyond my involvement.

I'd rather just post the bug in this support topic rather than not report it at all ...

No disrespect intended here, Michael. The Shoutbox is a wonderful tool for the community and my members love it installed on my forums.

Shoutbox is a feature-rich shoutbox/chat system for your IP.Board. Shoutbox will enable your users to send shouts to each other and allow others can read them. It is like a chat-room for your forums, without the need for Java, Flash or any other browser dependency!

Hello Michael,

I saw in the print screens that the editor looks like the "old" one. Will this be upgraded in the final version?
I suggested the possibility to let members choose fixed colors to they shouts. Will this be available in the final version?

Thanks again fro you time.

The old IP.Board editor isn't in the IP.Board code anymore, it's definitely using the new editor.

Define 'final version', the non-beta release? No, all I'm doing right now is making sure this app still works for 3.2. Adding new features comes after I have all of the rest of my 3.2 updating done.

The old IP.Board editor isn't in the IP.Board code anymore, it's definitely using the new editor.

I believe you, but it looks exactly like 3.1 editor :smile:

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

Define 'final version', the non-beta release? No, all I'm doing right now is making sure this app still works for 3.2. Adding new features comes after I have all of the rest of my 3.2 updating done.

Thanks for the information.

If you use a third party mod on a third party skin, fixing it is up to you. I'm not going to fix problems this app has with every skin out there. Mods are designed for the IP.Board default skin, there's no way to make sure they always look right on every skin.

I don't have anything specific planned at the moment. When I get everything upgraded for 3.2, then I can start thinking of updating this or other products. I do have a feature tracker for this where people can suggest things, that's where I'll be looking for things to add.

Michael,

In 3.1 version when we use the RTE editor and we are in the shoutbox page, the cursor doesn't focus in the text area after a shout, so we are forced to use the mouse place the cursor to shout again.
I've not tested 3.2 with shoutbox yet, but have you notice the same behavior?

Thanks

Archived