Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and heres the reason this app has been passed onto new devs many times.

everytime the shout button issue has come up its been an install/config issue or thrid party skin/mod issue.

if it works on default skin with all other hooks disabled there is nothing wrong with it.

Quite right ... most 'issues' are nothing to do with the application. I do not know what people expect I have only a limited amount of time on this earth and there are things I want/like to do if someone wants me to resolve an issue for them I can't see that paying what could only be considered the price of a coffee and cake for morning tea as being onerous. At the moment on another project I have one coder working almost full time he is not doing it for free, I am about to hire a second person to do css/template work and a third to work on a dashboard none of this will be free. In between working on that I have another update to SB cooking which code do you think is earning me food on the table money?

As an aside, with the help of Bob (MarcherTech) we finally located why the global shoutbox hook setting was always being lost on upgrade. I am going to try and add some processing to make it remember today assuming I can get some quiet time to do the coding.

Quite right ... most 'issues' are nothing to do with the application. I do not know what people expect I have only a limited amount of time on this earth and there are things I want/like to do if someone wants me to resolve an issue for them I can't see that paying what could only be considered the price of a coffee and cake for morning tea as being onerous. At the moment on another project I have one coder working almost full time he is not doing it for free, I am about to hire a second person to do css/template work and a third to work on a dashboard none of this will be free. In between working on that I have another update to SB cooking which code do you think is earning me food on the table money?

As an aside, with the help of Bob (MarcherTech) we finally located why the global shoutbox hook setting was always being lost on upgrade. I am going to try and add some processing to make it remember today assuming I can get some quiet time to do the coding.

If you are paying $17.50 for coffee and cake, you sir are being ripped off.

grr wish there was a way to UNTIE shoutbox from the media tag w/o having to disable bbcode.

Not sure I follow .. you want to disable a BBCode (ie the media tag) in the SB. The way ipBoard does this is by disabling the BBCode if I have the wrong end of the stick please tell me. What I am not going to do is develop what is in effect a BBCode filter when the functionality is already provided in the core ... if there is an issue with the way that's done it is an IPS issue not a SB one.

BTW .. v1.3.6 is now out the door (I was supposed to work on Links but ... well sidetrackyitis)

Paying for support ticket... this is something new.

I actually do, yes. Paying for each support ticket or paying for the same application each half of the year is very much unacceptable for me.

I agree with this, I would much rather pay for the application than paying for just support.

You do realise you're probably getting excellent value, right? If you never need support then you are paying nothing. If you only require support once or twice, it's still amazing value.

It's a free app so you are not entitled to support - accept it or uninstall the app. Simplez.

I'm sure you can...

Post Content > BBCode Management

Edit the Media BBCode.

There's a multiple selection box titled "Where can the BBCode be used?". Deselect Shoutbox?

hmm I will try this.

Not sure I follow .. you want to disable a BBCode (ie the media tag) in the SB. The way ipBoard does this is by disabling the BBCode if I have the wrong end of the stick please tell me. What I am not going to do is develop what is in effect a BBCode filter when the functionality is already provided in the core ... if there is an issue with the way that's done it is an IPS issue not a SB one.

BTW .. v1.3.6 is now out the door (I was supposed to work on Links but ... well sidetrackyitis)

presently to stop a youtube video from showing in SB you have to disable all bbcode.

but I don't want to disable all of it, I only want media tags to not work.

I will try the one listed above to see, never made connection in my mind as to how the seperate media tags themselves linked to the bbcode media tag.

this may be just what I was looking for.

I think so, too early to say for sure but youtube vids are not posting and the bbcode I tested works fine. so its not working where I need it to not work.

just need to make sure it still works where needed, but that will tak time.

I am pretty confident this is good though.

Not helpful. retrieve the error and post it with sensitive information redacted.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again. 

Same Driver error it gives me when I update permissions. I think it is a msql corrupted data

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again. 

Same Driver error it gives me when I update permissions. I think it is a msql corrupted data

Log into your FTP, navigate to the /cache/ directory and download sql_error_latest.cgi, and open it in a text editor.

Alternately, visit your AdminCP > Stats & Logs > Logs > SQL Error Logs and copy the error.

Log into your FTP, navigate to the /cache/ directory and download sql_error_latest.cgi, and open it in a text editor.

Alternately, visit your AdminCP > Stats & Logs > Logs > SQL Error Logs and copy the error

Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 20:43:19 +0000 Error: 1091 - Can't DROP 'g_shoutbox_view'; check that column/key exists IP Address: 129.108.202.48 - /admin/index.php?adsess=6e070b1bda329508cd46011544222ba1&app=core&module=applications

Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 20:43:19 +0000 Error: 1091 - Can't DROP 'g_shoutbox_view'; check that column/key exists IP Address: 129.108.202.48 - /admin/index.php?adsess=6e070b1bda329508cd46011544222ba1&app=core&module=applications

That looks like you have tried installing/uninstalling and something has occurred during that process, once the tables are cooked the automated system can't reverse things. Just a guess you will need to manually clear the stuff and try again.

Archived