Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that Michael had released version 1.3.3 but this topic is listed as that JLogical released it in 2010. This is giving me a headache ... ack.

When the file is transferred to the new author, so is the first post in the Support Topic. JLogica is now the person who manages development of the Shoutbox Application.

Michael gave his free files away, as you're a contributor you should be able to see this topic: http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/368166-does-anyone-want-to-take-over-my-free-files/

Hope that helps. :)

I don't know, I don't think so, but I honestly couldn't tell you. I know in times past I have edited the code in the SKIN AND TEMPLATE settings, but I can't seem to locate it with the 3.3.4 version.

I'll give this a test today when I get a chance. since center codes, etc work fine I see no reason bg color would not.

i have installed the latest version and the hook shoutbox allows you to enter text into the box but clicking on shout, clear, refresh, smilies etc doesnt actually do anything, therefore unable to enter text

members are having to acutally open the shoutbox app in a new tab to perform entries

can you advise on whats happened please, how to fix

many thanks

Silly question here... in the ANNOUNCEMENTS block of the Shoutbox, how/where do I change the background color? I am running dark skins for my site but I have one skin that the Announcement block shows up as white and is really out-of-place and distracting. Thanks for the assistance with this!

ACP > Look & Feel > Manage Skin Sets & Templates > Your skin - skin_shoutbox > announcement.
Here you can see all classes.

Silly question here... in the ANNOUNCEMENTS block of the Shoutbox, how/where do I change the background color? I am running dark skins for my site but I have one skin that the Announcement block shows up as white and is really out-of-place and distracting. Thanks for the assistance with this!

Add:

.message {
background-color: #212121 !important;
}

to the bottom of shoutbox.css and alter the color to whatever you want :)

I got this error when upgrading:

mySQL query error: INSERT INTO gamingforce_shoutbox_stats (`s_date`,`s_count`) VALUES('2012-08-04',25)

SQL error: Unknown column 's_date' in 'field list'
SQL error code: 1054
Date: Thursday 04th October 2012 12:02:42 AM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 00:02:42 +0000
Error: 1054 - Unknown column 's_date' in 'field list'
IP Address: 173.20.70.94 - /admin/upgrade/index.php?app=upgrade&section=upgrade&do=appclass
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mySQL query error: INSERT INTO gamingforce_shoutbox_stats (`s_date`,`s_count`) VALUES('2012-08-04',25)
.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| File | Function | Line No. |
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|
| admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/setup/versions/upg_13004/version_upgrade.php| [db_main_mysql].insert | 48 |
'----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
| admin/setup/applications/upgrade/sections/upgrade.php | [version_upgrade].doExecute | 403 |
'----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
| admin/setup/applications/upgrade/sections/upgrade.php | [upgrade_upgrade].install_appclass | 148 |
| admin/setup/sources/base/ipsController_setup.php | [upgrade_upgrade].doExecute | 258 |

JLogica, I upgraded to your version of the Shoutbox and ended up having to disable the vCard hook because it was displaying errors whenever someone's vCard window popped up. It's an error that displays on every member's vCard. Disabling the hook fixed the problem but you should know that it's broken.

Archived