Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of my member are not able to use the shoutbox cause they have ' in their username, When i remove the ' they can use it,

This was not a problem with the older version of this mod but since i upgraded to the latest version it has now appeared

This is a great mod.. thank you

If you're wanting to report a bug, the documentation included in this app, the file's entry in the Marketplace, and the first post in this topic all tell you where the bug tracker is.

yes is there a way to pin shouts in shout box

No, and no such feature is going to be added.

hello i have uploaded this shoutbox and its working fine on my forum but if i go to Apps" tab. its not there anyone tell me why its not there as it should be

thanks guys

Try re-uploading, uninstalling, and reinstalling the app.

In the past several days the shoutbox has been acting buggy on my forum. It was working fine, then I installed a new skin, several hooks, classifieds, and had the forum upgraded to the most recent versin (3.3.4). Now Shoutbox is not working fully. Members are able to 'shout' from the main forum page, but if they click into the Shoutbox itself and try to post, the post freezes or hangs up when you hit the 'shout' button ... nothing happens. Also all the options usually available for post modification (colors, font, emoticons, etc) are missing.

Can you tell me what I need to do to fix this?

Laura
www.IGWhispers.com

I cant shout from the main page ...i cant hit refresh or edit prefs..

If i go to Shoutbox menu on the top then i can operate shoutbox correctly.

I have confirmed that i downloaded and installe dthe latest version and the correct files and followed the FAQ about recaching and skin tools but no luck.

Anything else to try?

Thanks

IP.Board 3.3.4

just upgraded my site from 3.2.3 to 3.3.4 and now no one can post in the shoutbox... I can type in something but nothing happens when i hit the send button... i can see all the buttons but they do nothing :sad:...i have tried recaching everything and still doesnt work...

I'm at version 3.3.4 and the shoutbox is working properly. :thumbsup:

As you put the latest version of the soutbox?, Otherwise uninstall and reinstall the hook you will see what happens.

Pay attention after you uninstall lose everything you're message.

just upgraded my site from 3.2.3 to 3.3.4 and now no one can post in the shoutbox... I can type in something but nothing happens when i hit the send button... i can see all the buttons but they do nothing :sad:...i have tried recaching everything and still doesnt work...

im dealing with a few other issues after upgrading Ip BOARD so it may have something to do with that, i will post when it is resolved :)

in your acp-settings-general is minify turned on?

if so try off.

also in acp-settings-advanced cpu savings area are you loading the js files from google?

if so try not, that one caused this issue for me.

tried both, recaching but didint work..i can shout only via the dedicated page , not in the main index or anywhere else....

Also by doing inspect element i get these:

Uncaught ReferenceError: shoutboxLoader is not defined /ipb/:538
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'onmousedown' of null

Updated information for this file... Support information et al later.

Shoutbox is a feature-rich shoutbox/chat system for your IP.Board. Shoutbox will enable your users to send shouts to each other and allow others can read them. It is like a chat-room for your forums, without the need for Java, Flash or any other browser dependency!

• Report Bugs and Suggest New Features Here
  • Got an issue? Please check the FAQ first!
  • Want to do some development? Try GitHub (conditions apply)

Ever since I took over support of the Shoutbox and Subscription Manager apps, I have not had any free time left to really do the modding I used to do. I have just stretched myself too thin, given that the demands of real life have increased at the same time I tried to take over support of these two popular apps. I don't want to leave the IP.Board modding world completely, but at the same time I can't justify keeping to spend what little free time I have available supporting products I'm not making any revenue on. Therefore, I wanted to put this out there for the community: would anyone like to take over any of the free products I currently have?

Archived