Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hello I see that there's a filter problem to view the archive on a site and I have been unable to fix it again as this did happen before that I did not record of how I fixed it (I forgot how) but I think that there is a field or so that have incorrect data in the database causing the filter to load forever. I did try Database Index Checker in ACP but it seems no support for it and it does for Database Checker?

hello I see that there's a filter problem to view the archive on a site and I have been unable to fix it again as this did happen before that I did not record of how I fixed it (I forgot how) but I think that there is a field or so that have incorrect data in the database causing the filter to load forever. I did try Database [u]Index[/u] Checker in ACP but it seems no support for it and it does for Database Checker?

What exactly are you doing in the archive when you encounter the issue? It seems to work OK for me.

The input and buttons are this code in that template:

<td class='altrow' valign='top' colspan='2'>

<input type='text' id='shoutbox-global-shout' size='70' class='input_text' />

<input type='button' id='shoutbox-submit-button' value='{$this->lang->words['shout']}' class='input_submit' />

<input type='button' id='shoutbox-clear-button' value='{$this->lang->words['clear']}' class='input_submit alt' />

<input type='button' id='shoutbox-refresh-button' value='{$this->lang->words['refresh']}' class='input_submit alt' />

<if test="$this->settings['shoutbox_allow_smilies']"> <input type='button' id='shoutbox-smilies-button' value='{$this->lang->words['smilies']}' class='input_submit alt' data-clicklaunch="populateSmilies" data-scope="shoutbox" /></if>

<if test="$this->settings['shoutbox_allow_bbcode']"> <input type='button' id='shoutbox-bbcode-button' value='{$this->lang->words['bbcode']}' class='input_submit alt' /></if>

<input type='button' id='shoutbox-myprefs-button' value='{$this->lang->words['my_prefs']}' class='input_submit alt' />

</td>

The input and buttons are this code in that template:

<td class='altrow' valign='top' colspan='2'>

<input type='text' id='shoutbox-global-shout' size='70' class='input_text' />

<input type='button' id='shoutbox-submit-button' value='{$this->lang->words['shout']}' class='input_submit' />

<input type='button' id='shoutbox-clear-button' value='{$this->lang->words['clear']}' class='input_submit alt' />

<input type='button' id='shoutbox-refresh-button' value='{$this->lang->words['refresh']}' class='input_submit alt' />

<if test="$this->settings['shoutbox_allow_smilies']"> <input type='button' id='shoutbox-smilies-button' value='{$this->lang->words['smilies']}' class='input_submit alt' data-clicklaunch="populateSmilies" data-scope="shoutbox" /></if>

<if test="$this->settings['shoutbox_allow_bbcode']"> <input type='button' id='shoutbox-bbcode-button' value='{$this->lang->words['bbcode']}' class='input_submit alt' /></if>

<input type='button' id='shoutbox-myprefs-button' value='{$this->lang->words['my_prefs']}' class='input_submit alt' />

</td>

changing the 70 to 120 seemed to be good compromise for me, works on both theme 1 and 2 with all skins for me.
Thanks Michael.

This question is covered in the Shoutbox FAQ.

Thanks Michael, it was set to every page (top) and even re caching did not alter it, However I changed from top to bottom and fine, changed back again to top and now on every page which is fine for me..I must read the FAQ in future :thumbsup:

an issue randomly arose today. For whatever reason, When a shout is submitted, it does not appear until the page is refreshed. What could be causing this? How can I fix it?

I have it turned off right now, so if it is something you can take a look at, let me know and I will give you acp info so you can duplicate issue.

Archived