Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I'm wondering if I can call the Shoutbox outside my forum? I enabled guest to see the shoutbox but they can't sent shouts. And planning to call the shoutbox outside my forum (in my homepage).

If so where can I find the code that I need to copy and paste it into my homepage?

MIchael, there is something I wanted to ask you about.

After I finally uploaded the files correctly, I went to log into the AdminCP and this is what I got.

post-127852-0-70717900-1342013445_thumb.

I don't recall any instructions about that, so I had to get help. Everything seems okay now (except for the banned members, which isn't a big issue with me.

Anyway, that thing I saw seemed to want to install an update to the forum. I stay up to date with the forum software.

In your 'Hook to enable' setting, you have selected one of the ones that only ever shows on the Board Index. You have to select a position that would be able to be shown elsewhere.

Your 'Display on' setting also says to only show it on the Board Index. That has to be set to show on other pages too, otherwise again it will only ever show on the Board Index.

hahaha ok ... thanks

I may have to release this version soon, see this bug report:

http://invisionfocus.com/tracker/issue-630-post-334-forum-update-cannot-edit-shouts/

The editor in the main Shoutbox app and in a popup broke in IP.Board 3.3.4. I listed the fix in that ticket, but obviously I want to have a fully working version out there for people if possible. I'll see if I have time tonight to release this new version.

Archived