Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

Im using an ftp program from the hosting. So i upload the "upload" folder campletely in zip in /root forum and extract it completely everything in root, so the upload folder exist "new" with everything inside. I`ve done this before with all the programs and works

And I'm telling you that won't work, so please don't keep trying it. You should not ever have an 'upload' folder on your site after uploading this.
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im using an ftp program from the hosting. So i upload the "upload" folder campletely in zip in /root forum and extract it completely everything in root,

as has been said before extract it on your pc, don't bother uploading and extracting as it will not always move files correctly due to overwrites.

so the upload folder exist "new" with everything inside. I`ve done this before with all the programs and works

except for now when it doesn't.

Wow, easy everything is setup

Now i need to delete this

@ Guest : (11 June 2012 - 06:41 PM) Congratulations, you have successfully installed Shoutbox!
Now you need to setup the shoutbox permissions in ACP -> Members TAB -> Member Groups -> Manage Member Groups -> Edit a Group -> Shoutbox TAB

Hi guys!

I have a little question, but it is really bothering me. If i put the link in Shoutbox to some video from Youtube, it is viewed as video in SB, but I would like to show it as a link, not video.

Thank you in advance for your help.

That question is answered in the Shoutbox FAQ:

Q. Ugh, people keep posting things like Youtube videos, big images, and other stuff I don't want to allow, in the Shoutbox. How can I stop this?

You can try ensuring that all files are uploaded and then running the Recache Apps & Modules tool from the Manage Applications & Modules page. There's nothing else I can tell you if that doesn't work either, the menu item should show if the hook is enabled.

how do i fix the look of hte shoutbox?

when i use it on the default IPB skin. it looks fine/normal

when i use my other skins, the icon next to the title (to make the popup) doesnt work

and all the lines between shouts and borders are real bright like. it doesnt flow right..

tried rebuilding & reacheing. nada

Archived