Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the main Shoutbox page, between the editor and the active users list, with the other stats.

OK I guess, I thought you would be able to see other people's as well like click on their name in the shoutbox or hover over it and their shout total shows up.

I implemented the feature as it was suggested, no one else chipped in any contribution to how they'd like the feature implemented, and it got 2 thumbs up and no thumbs down, so that was how it was implemented.

I can really only implement stuff based on what people tell me they want to see.

love this addon BTW :smile:... quick question though... when I activate the @ function it looks like this :

%7Boption%7D

which is good, nothing wrong with it, but i was just wondering where i could go to change the properties of it so it remain hidden until you hover over it, its kinda distracting to my members and myself but love the function of it as we use it all the time :smile:...all i need to do is edit the color to the background color but cant find where to edit it ...thanx in advance

It's in the skin_shoutbox -> shout_row skin template:

<if test="showAtTag:|:$this->settings['shoutbox_at_tag']">

<a href="#" class="at_member" data-store="{$d['members_display_name']}" title="{$this->lang->words['insert_name']}">@</a>&nbsp;

</if>

It's that @ symbol near the end of the middle line.

It's in the skin_shoutbox -> shout_row skin template:

<if test="showAtTag:|:$this->settings['shoutbox_at_tag']">

<a href="#" class="at_member" data-store="{$d['members_display_name']}" title="{$this->lang->words['insert_name']}">@</a>&nbsp;

</if>

It's that @ symbol near the end of the middle line.

thanx for the quick response...i found it now, but if i just delete it it takes out that whole option..

I really don't know how to answer that, they're just different products. IPS develops IP.Chat based on their requirements, I develop this based on what you guys tell me needs added/fixed. They have different feature sets. I've not ever used IP.Chat, so I don't know all of the differences, but I'm sure they are numerous.

I don't know that I would call that the biggest difference. It shouldn't matter too much to either the admin or the users, that's just the way the two systems are designed. It may lead to other big issues, such as the frequency of updates (since IPS does house the engine for IP.Chat, maybe they can allow the system to update faster, for example).

That 's what I told you I made changes, nothing changes my

As I said, if you change the setting and it has no effect, it means you have already set your preference for the height. The setting is for those who have not yet set their preference. I don't know how much clearer I can state that.

As I said, if you change the setting and it has no effect, it means you have already set your preference for the height. The setting is for those who have not yet set their preference. I don't know how much clearer I can state that.

Just tell him how to erase everyone's height preference and act like that's the solution.

Thank you it works for the height I recacher
I have another warrior problèle with skin, the function @ Allow the link? does not have any ideas? of the problem
The address of my site

Archived