Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

Hello, the shoutbox on my forum stopped working. When you put something in it, returns the error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/mylogin/public_html/admin/sources/base/core.php on line 5438

The shouts go to ibf_shoutbox_shouts table, but does not appear in the shoutbox. What happened?

Thanks in advance

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing as there hasn't been an update since a while ago, I'd assume a new version of this shoutbox may happen soon... and since there are zero alternatives (as far as an actual shoutbox goes... not a chatroom) I'd love to see the following fixed & added in the new version.

Broken Features that need a Fix for Update

• Moderators can ban moderators
  • Pruning a specific users' shouts does not work
  • When you /prune 0, the shoutbox will essentially "break" for everyone using the shoutbox at that time, usually they have no idea what just happened and I get 40 PMs asking me why their shoutbox broke - even though all I did was prune it
  • /banlist doesn't seem to work
  • No word-wrap - you can type "qqqqqqqqqqq..." and so on forever, and it'll break the width of the entire website for anyone who isn't idle in the shoutbox
  • Shoutbox will infinitely scroll; what I mean: when you're active in the shoutbox having a conversation with someone, the shoutbox will never add a "page 2" to the box, it'll just make the scrollbar smaller and smaller and keep adding more shouts until you actually refresh the entire page

Feature Requests for Update
  • Would like to have images over the "resize percentage" (as set in ACP for topics/posts) to be resized per your setting, so huge images are automatically resized
  • Would like to have it so we can disable certain BBcode features in the shoutbox - I like the automatic embed of YouTube videos on my forums... but not in the shoutbox. Problem is, I can't have both because if I remove it, then it won't work on the forums... I don't even know if this is possible, but nonetheless, I'd love to see it
  • Would like to have the /silence feature from the Inferno box back on IPB 2.x
  • Being banned from the shoutbox completely removes the entire shoutbox from the forum for that user. I'd much rather it go into an idle-like mode, and just have a "You are banned from the Shoutbox." message
  • If a silence feature is added, add the ability for moderators to /silencelist (much like banlist)
  • When a user is banned from the shoutbox, have a "/me" message appear in the shoutbox "{moderator} has banned {member} from the shoutbox." same for silnce feature
  • When a user is silenced, allow them to still see the shoutbox & shouts being made, just not able to shout (as it was in the Inferno box)
  • Add in a /me feature
  • Add in custom commands (like the Inferno box), this feature is undeniably a favorite features of my staff on my website; we were able to easily shout messages to new users that would answer questions frequently asked... saving a lot of time & making our job easier

Whenever I click on "BBCode", I get this error.

19317c7c34a7c84c755ee6f782cc674e.png' al

" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="38">

Plus, when I click on "Smilies", nothing happens.

Any idea how to fix that?

Darralings, experiencing the same problems with shoutbox: smilies don't work.
And when editing the shout it appears that not one icon pops up when clicked at.

Love to hear from you. :)

I have tried installing 1.1.3 on my forums (3.1.2) and I get the same result every time - a blank page. I tried it on my own at first, then I followed some guides exactly, and still I get the same result. I've even tried re-downloading the file in case it was corrupted at some point.

Every time I install the shoutbox, when I refresh my forums I get a blank page. Fortunately when I remove the shoutbox, my forums come back. All the files are in the proper place and everything is set up as it should be.

Does anyone have any idea why this may be happening?

Shoutbox seems to have totally disappeared off the face of the earth.
Since the "adoption" was dropped, I've not seen any support and a number of people are having issues.
There was talk of support being moved to the creators own website, but I cant find anything there either.

Anyone else been having these errors show up?.. & the million dollar question is how did you fix them.. I know they are related but I done know how to fix them.

Fatal error: Call to a member function no_shouts() on a non-object in /home/MYSERVER/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/sources/classes/library.php on line 263

Fatal error: Call to a member function announcement() on a non-object in /home/MYSERVER/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/sources/classes/library.php on line 409

ACP> Applications & Modules> Manage Applications & Modules:

Application Public Title

A short descriptive title that is viewable on the public side.

Leaving this field blank will cause the application to not be shown on the front end, making it an admin only application.

Hide Tab

Allows access to the application on the public side, but does not show a tab in the header

Broken Features that need a Fix for Update

• Moderators can ban moderators
  • Pruning a specific users' shouts does not work
  • When you /prune 0, the shoutbox will essentially "break" for everyone using the shoutbox at that time, usually they have no idea what just happened and I get 40 PMs asking me why their shoutbox broke - even though all I did was prune it
  • /banlist doesn't seem to work
  • No word-wrap - you can type "qqqqqqqqqqq..." and so on forever, and it'll break the width of the entire website for anyone who isn't idle in the shoutbox
  • Shoutbox will infinitely scroll; what I mean: when you're active in the shoutbox having a conversation with someone, the shoutbox will never add a "page 2" to the box, it'll just make the scrollbar smaller and smaller and keep adding more shouts until you actually refresh the entire page

Feature Requests for Update

• Would like to have images over the "resize percentage" (as set in ACP for topics/posts) to be resized per your setting, so huge images are automatically resized
  • Would like to have it so we can disable certain BBcode features in the shoutbox - I like the automatic embed of YouTube videos on my forums... but not in the shoutbox. Problem is, I can't have both because if I remove it, then it won't work on the forums... I don't even know if this is possible, but nonetheless, I'd love to see it
  • Would like to have the /silence feature from the Inferno box back on IPB 2.x
  • Being banned from the shoutbox completely removes the entire shoutbox from the forum for that user. I'd much rather it go into an idle-like mode, and just have a "You are banned from the Shoutbox." message
  • If a silence feature is added, add the ability for moderators to /silencelist (much like banlist)
  • When a user is banned from the shoutbox, have a "/me" message appear in the shoutbox "{moderator} has banned {member} from the shoutbox." same for silnce feature
  • When a user is silenced, allow them to still see the shoutbox & shouts being made, just not able to shout (as it was in the Inferno box)
  • Add in a /me feature
  • Add in custom commands (like the Inferno box), this feature is undeniably a favorite features of my staff on my website; we were able to easily shout messages to new users that would answer questions frequently asked... saving a lot of time & making our job easier

Archived