Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

Michael, I believe I have discovered a bug...

I have Shoutbox 1.2.0 installed on IP.Board 3.2.

I believe the Shoutbox is conflicting with some of the functions on the text editor, such as "Link," "Image," and "Code."

Whenever I have the Shoutbox and its hook enabled, those text editor functions don't work. Once one of those functions are clicked, its related popup is displayed and the background turns gray. Once the input is inserted and "OK" is clicked, the popup disappears, but the gray background stays and the screen just locks. In order to "unlock" the screen, I have to refresh/ reload the page.

When the Shoutbox and its hook is disabled, the problem goes away. It seems like there's a conflict with either the Javascript or Ajax.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michael, I believe I have discovered a bug...

I have Shoutbox 1.2.0 installed on IP.Board 3.2.

I believe the Shoutbox is conflicting with some of the functions on the text editor, such as "Link," "Image," and "Code."

Whenever I have the Shoutbox and its hook enabled, those text editor functions don't work. Once one of those functions are clicked, its related popup is displayed and the background turns gray. Once the input is inserted and "OK" is clicked, the popup disappears, but the gray background stays and the screen just locks. In order to "unlock" the screen, I have to refresh/ reload the page.

When the Shoutbox and its hook is disabled, the problem goes away. It seems like there's a conflict with either the Javascript or Ajax.

This is the support thread for the SB version for 3.1.x . You need to go here http://community.inv...__fromsearch__1 to Shoutbox 1.2.0 to report your problem. Also remember once the forums for the bug tracker are back up from there server transfer be sure to report any issues there as that is where they will get most noticed.

*EDIT* Go to the link I posted, there is already a bug like this reported and a "quick fix" until a new release is out.

Does anyone have this fix that Michael is referring to? I'm not quite sure when his site will be back up and I'd like to get this fixed.

His site should be up within 24-48 hours....his offline message says just waiting for the nameservers and transfer. Nameservers take up 48 hours to propagate while the transfer should be quick (considering everything will be set to go when nameservers are propagated).

Hello,

I installed SB 1.2.0 for my 3.2.0 Forum. It looks great. My only problem is none of the buttons work. I can type text into the shout input field but absolutely none of the buttons work (shout, clear, refresh, smilies, etc etc. ).

Similar issue, my Shout button only works if if I have the Shoutbox set as Global,

Does anyone have this fix that Michael is referring to? I'm not quite sure when his site will be back up and I'd like to get this fixed.

In the hookGlobalShoutbox skin template, this:

<if test="$this->memberData['g_shoutbox_edit']">

Should be this:

<if test="$this->memberData['g_shoutbox_edit'] && !isset( $this->registry->output->getTemplate('global')->functionData['globalTemplate'][0]['jsModules']['textEditor'] )">

In the hookGlobalShoutbox skin template, this:

<if test="$this->memberData['g_shoutbox_edit']">

Should be this:

<if test="$this->memberData['g_shoutbox_edit'] && !isset( $this->registry->output->getTemplate('global')->functionData['globalTemplate'][0]['jsModules']['textEditor'] )">

Thank you, Michael! It works now. :D

Hey Michael,

Installed this on my 3.2 final board today. The following error popped up

Fatal error: Call to a member function announcement() on a non-object in /home/xxx/public_html/xxx/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/sources/classes/library.php on line 381

Any ideas?

Do you mean the global shoutbox that appears at the top of each page? That is a hook, and must be enabled and configured. Go to the Manage Hooks page to make sure it is enabled, then go to the settings for the hook under the My Apps -> Shoutbox page to set it up.

Where can I find that hook?

HI

I just tried that and had no success, still not showing, would it be worthwhile removingt he feature and then uploading a fresh copy, although i only used the copy last night.

Removing what feature, the entire application? Sure, you could do that.

Where can I find that hook?

It's included in the application.

Hi

My response was kind of premature, I made a setting change, then Re-Cached the Skins as it says I should do and then i get this error.

Fatal error: Call to a member function announcement() on a non-object in /home/######/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/sources/classes/library.php on line 381

I was going to release version 1.2.1 of this app, but there's no point in me releasing that until IPS releases IP.Board 3.2.1. Any time you try and upgrade an application on IP.Board 3.2.0 (maybe only ones that use certain caches?) you will encounter this fatal error:

http://community.invisionpower.com/tracker/issue-31897-another-fatal-error-during-application-upgrades/

This will prevent you from upgrading this application. Sorry, wish I could get this out there for you earlier.

Archived