Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Michael, thanks for updating this for 3.2. I am having some issues however.

• First is there a way to add the shoutbox to the board index like before?
  • I have no settings in the control panel. Is this a bug?

post-199508-0-63552400-1311712457_thumb.
  • I cannot shout in the full page shoutbox. There is no text entry field.
  • The status on the bottom of the full page shoutbox look odd to me.

post-199508-0-71247600-1311712463_thumb.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Please see this post that helped someone else whose settings got corrupted. Once you have done that, you can access the settings for this app in it's My Apps page. From there you can control where the global shoutbox hook is displayed.

For the bottom image, you don't apparently have the latest skin templates for this app either. See this post for instructions on how to rebuild your skin templates.

Please see

this post

that helped someone else whose settings got corrupted. Once you have done that, you can access the settings for this app in it's My Apps page. From there you can control where the global shoutbox hook is displayed.

For the bottom image, you don't apparently have the latest skin templates for this app either. See

this post

for instructions on how to rebuild your skin templates.

Thanks, I didn't see your post but just deleted all existing files and re-installed. It is working perfectly now. Thanks again!

I fixed the bbcode error i was having by removing the old Gallery bbcode However, i still have this other issue i mentioned, after rearranging smilies.

for some reason after i arranged my emoticons in the admin CP the smilies button doesn't work anymore.

i do know re-arranging smilies caused them to disappear from the smilies drop down and now the drop down doesn't even work, i guess because I've rearranged all my smilies.

I'm having an issue that is really bugging me now after upgrading to IPB 3.2.0

I've re-uploaded the shoutbox files and even manually imported the xml file but as soon as I do the forum gets a fatal error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method IPSLib::makeNameFormatted() in /home/********/public_html/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/sources/classes/library.php on line 700

How would I get round this problem?
Your help is greatly appreciated :D

I fixed the bbcode error i was having by removing the old Gallery bbcode However, i still have this other issue i mentioned, after rearranging smilies.

Which smilies button are you referring to? In the editor when editing a shout via the popup, the Global Shoutbox hook, or the main editor from the actual Shoutbox application?

With regards to making the shoutbox bigger (to view more shouts) what PHP and Java files do I need to change?

Hopefully somebody has already done this and can provide the information.

Thanks

Are you talking about the Global Shoutbox hook? If so, position your mouse just below the shouts area until the cursor changes, you can then drag and drop the size of the hook to resize it.

I'm having an issue that is really bugging me now after upgrading to IPB 3.2.0

I've re-uploaded the shoutbox files and even manually imported the xml file but as soon as I do the forum gets a fatal error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method IPSLib::makeNameFormatted() in /home/********/public_html/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/sources/classes/library.php on line 700

How would I get round this problem?

Your help is greatly appreciated [img]

[/img]

You've not uploaded the proper files then, that error is because you have the 3.0/3.1 version of this app on a 3.2 board.

Yikes, that's not good. You've either got just some missing settings groups, or the settings that go in them too. Let's give this a try, go to your System Settings page on the Systems tab, scroll to the bottom to the Import form, and try importing the /xml/shoutbox_settings.xml file from this application's folder. You'll have to browse to a copy of that file somewhere on your computer. Hopefully that will re-import the missing settings/groups, otherwise I'll have to try and see how to manually rebuild those for you.

I've done this but am still seeing blank settings. Any suggestions? Thanks.

oh, it's the Global Shoutbox.

I can't reproduce that, although I do see a small tweak I can do to that now that emoticons don't use the 'clickable' setting anymore. Can I see this problem live on your site? PM me details (URL and a test login) if you'd like and I'll take a look.

Hello,

I've just installed Shoutbox 1.2.0 on my IP.Board 3.2.0 forum and i get error like this:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/users/sonyericsson/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/sources/classes/library.php on line 313

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/users/sonyericsson/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/sources/classes/library.php on line 313

What should i do in that situation? Uninstall, reupload application files and reinstall does not help.

I get also warning information for 2 enabled hooks of that application in ACP %7Boption%7D

What do you have for the "Loads shouts from DB" setting under the Shouts settings? If it's No, try setting it to Yes and see if that helps.

I have no idea why the application would turn off by itself, there's nothing built-in to the product to make it do that.

Archived