Shouts
Ajax Refresh

The following all work and save;

Hook: Global Shoutbox

Management

Manage Moderators
Manage Banned Members

Tools

... so rather confusing indeed! All I've done is upload the new files, do the upgrade procedure.

OK, that makes more sense. The issue is probably incorrect conf_title_keywords on your various settings groups. Can you run this query for me in your Support -> SQL Management -> SQL Toolbox page in the Admin CP, in the Manual Query box?

SELECT * FROM ibf_core_sys_settings_titles WHERE conf_title_keyword LIKE '%shoutbox%';

And then post the results of that query here. Be sure to replace ibf_ in that query with the SQL table prefix used on your site, if any.

Sure, here's the output;

conf_title_id 	conf_title_title 	conf_title_desc 	conf_title_count 	conf_title_noshow 	conf_title_keyword 	conf_title_app 	conf_title_tab

38 	                Hook: Global Shoutbox 		                      6 	             1           shoutbox_hook_global 	forums  	Shoutbox

39 	                Hook: Active Users 		                      3 	             1 	         shoutbox_hook_active 	forums  	Shoutbox

Yikes, that's not good. You've either got just some missing settings groups, or the settings that go in them too. Let's give this a try, go to your System Settings page on the Systems tab, scroll to the bottom to the Import form, and try importing the /xml/shoutbox_settings.xml file from this application's folder. You'll have to browse to a copy of that file somewhere on your computer. Hopefully that will re-import the missing settings/groups, otherwise I'll have to try and see how to manually rebuild those for you.

As the file that error mentions indicates, that is a problem with your IP.Gallery, not this app.

I hate to ask here but Ips isn't likely to help when it pertains to a 3rd party app, so do you have any idea what the issue could be? also what about the emoticon issue i mentioned.

Hi Michael,

I have uploaded the latest version but it shows no where in my admin cp to install it what am I doing wrong i did delete the old version and also deleted the old stuff from the server.

I am hosted by IPS

Ignore this post me being dumb again sorry

Hello Michael,

I talked with IPS in the client area (with Giuseppe Casagrande - Developer / Advanced Support ) and he said that my problem is connected to the shoutbox.

my problem is that after enabling the hook Shoutbox (Global) v1.2.0 i got a problem with the editor- when i press on inserting an image and then i post ok the screen remains grey- i have tested it without the hook and it worked fine.

Bottom line- he told me to contact you and let you know about this.

thanks + i hope you will get a fix for this soon, thanks.

I hate to ask here but Ips isn't likely to help when it pertains to a 3rd party app, so do you have any idea what the issue could be? also what about the emoticon issue i mentioned.

Delete the /admin/applications_addon/ips/gallery/extensions/bbcode folder and its contents, it's not needed anymore.

Hi Michael,

I have uploaded the latest version but it shows no where in my admin cp to install it what am I doing wrong i did delete the old version and also deleted the old stuff from the server.

I am hosted by IPS

Ignore this post me being dumb again sorry

If it doesn't show up anywhere, you probably uploaded it incorrectly. Double check that you uploaded the content of the upload folder of the zip file for this app to your forum's root directory. Your site should now have an /admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/ folder, with a bunch of other folders in it.

Hello Michael,

I talked with IPS in the client area (with Giuseppe Casagrande - Developer / Advanced Support ) and he said that my problem is connected to the shoutbox.

my problem is that after enabling the hook Shoutbox (Global) v1.2.0 i got a problem with the editor- when i press on inserting an image and then i post ok the screen remains grey- i have tested it without the hook and it worked fine.

Bottom line- he told me to contact you and let you know about this.

thanks + i hope you will get a fix for this soon, thanks.

I don't understand the problem, can you explain it in more detail? Which editor do you have this problem with, the one in the Shoutbox, or elsewhere? If elsewhere, where, exactly? Are you showing the hook on every page, or just the board index?

Hello, I'm having a few issues with the shoutbox after doing my upgrade here is the error i get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method IPSLib::makeNameFormatted() in /home1/projedx3/public_html/PL_ACP_33470/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/sources/classes/library.php on line 700

Any help would be appretiated just let me know how to fix it

Thanks
~ Josh

Ah, okay so i installed the new one but now i get this error on every page:

Fatal error: Call to a member function announcement() on a non-object in /home1/projedx3/public_html/PL_ACP_33470/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/sources/classes/library.php on line 381

Then you need to be posting in the support topic for version. It's hard enough for me to keep up with this app as it is.

Make sure you have uploaded all of the new files for the version you're using, then visit the Look & Feel -> Template Tools page in your Admin CP and run the Rebuild Master Skin Data (check the boxes for 'Rebuild HTML' and 'Shoutbox') tool, then run the 'Recache Skin Sets' tool for all skins.

No, there isn't. Generally speaking, the way you reposition any hooks in IP.Board is by editing the hook point they are associated with. This app's global shoutbox hook, though, handles this differently, and not in a way that is easily expanded upon.

Archived