Suggested Enhanced Group Expansion and Forum Expansion

Songstuff

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. Perhaps a kind admin could move it to the correct place?

1. Is there an intention to expand the groups capability in the roadmap for the development of IPB?

Assuming permissions are determined using a logical OR process, is there anything preventing the ability of having more than two groups?

2. I would like to be able to have many groups in addition to the primary group.

Suggested features:

• One primary group
  • Multiple Secondary groups
  • users can select which single group image and title they display in their post info
  • Their member page has a "groups" tab, much like friends, that displays their public groups, unless you are the member or admin where you see all groups, or you are a member of the same hidden group
  • Group communications short cuts

3. Member created groups
  • Member can create and admin determined number of groups, based on admin defined group permissions where the user can vary a predefined subset of permissions
  • Group Creator Group Member admin
  • On group creation, a group board can optionally be created with the "group creator" becoming the default "group moderator"
  • User invite form for group moderator to invite members to the group
  • group moderator can appoint other group moderators
  • group moderators moderate the group board and the group members and group communications (for example group PMs)
  • moderation capability is limited to boards the member has group moderator status
  • admin from UCP

4. New default / available member roles
  • Group Creator
  • Group Moderator

I know some smaller aspects of these suggestions can already be implemented under the current system.

Is there an existing plug in capable of this? That said i would far rather see that kind of flexibility for groups built into the product

Already exists via a modification, It's in the marketplace, search for Groups.

Well, he did ask if there was any plans in the roadmap for the development of IPB, not if there's a modification for it.
Just sayin'..

Well, he did ask if there was any plans in the roadmap for the development of IPB, not if there's a modification for it.

Just sayin'..

Alright smartalec, read the last sentence of the post then.

"Is there an existing plug in capable of this?"

Just sayin'...

Hey, my application "Social Groups" should cover those functions, but if you have any suggestions for how I could improve the application, let me know.

Also, you suggested that you should be able to assign multiple "secondary" user groups, you can, just hold down ctrl and you will be able to select more than one option!

Alright smartalec, read the last sentence of the post then.

"Is there an existing plug in capable of this?"

Just sayin'...

Hahah, got me there! ;)
My name is not alec though.. but whatever ^_^

However, if you read the ENTIRE last sentence, he said he'd rather have it built into the core product :)

hey

Thanks for moving the topic, and thanks for your replies!

Interesting that some aspects are built, but yes i would prefer it built into the core product (no offense ryswarth!). I'd still like to know if this is in the roadmap?

@ryswarth sure I'd be happy to forward on any suggestions! I'll try it out on my test board and give you some feedback :)

Thanks again!

Archived