Like for PM's

Amy T

In my opinion, I don't think that would be a good idea. It would allow for abusing the whole system. Not that it cannot be abused as it is right now, but adding to someones rep during private conversation is a bit too much if you ask me.

In my opinion, I don't think that would be a good idea. It would allow for abusing the whole system. Not that it cannot be abused as it is right now, but adding to someones rep during private conversation is a bit too much if you ask me.

Good point maybe it can be an option that can be turned on and off via the admin cp.

There is no point to Like or Dislike a personal message that is not part of a conversation where other people can provide feedback.

A rate/like function is implemented for a community to participate. PMs are not a community but just for you hence it makes no sense to have ratings for personal pms. Delete the ones you don t like and keep the ones you like that will solve it

There is no point to Like or Dislike a personal message that is not part of a conversation where other people can provide feedback.

A rate/like function is implemented for a community to participate. PMs are not a community but just for you hence it makes no sense to have ratings for personal pms. Delete the ones you don t like and keep the ones you like that will solve it

Ok so maybe instead of like have a thank you button for PM's which would serve the purpose of what I was wanting the like for.

I agree that it would be weird liking something that has been said in private..
But then again, the fundamental purpose of the like-feature SHOULD allow for usage in private messages since all it's about is that you agree with/like/enjoyed the content that was posted and that can apply to private messages aswell as on the forums.

Giving reputation to selfish people for not showing the solution to other people who may have/will have the problem? Nah.

There are things that you thank people for that should be private not public.
Like for example you report a spammer and the admin take the time to contact you via PM so in that case you would give them a like.

Archived