if we can ignore someone's signature with a click let us ignore them as easily

Darksbane0

I'd like to see the ability to ignore individual posts as well as members in the topic view.

Sometimes something is posted that is offensive but you don't want to ignore everything the poster says... just that one post.

This wouldn't need to clutter up the UI, just modify the post link to allow you to either link to the post, ignore the post, or ignore the poster.

If there is no option to ignore users I ll make a hook or hire someone to do one for us. Since 3.2 beta I have seen a fair share of trolls and I am starting to miss being able to click their name and ignore them. An ignore function is indeed warranted. It would collapse the posts from these users

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working on an application that adds what 7SiN requested it should be done soon I'm almost done with the hovercard button and then version 1.0 will be ready. Here's a sneak preview:

I added an "Ignore Me" button in profile view:
%7Boption%7D

When you click the button it takes you to this page where you can manage your ignore prefs... Never need to type in a display name again!
%7Boption%7D

Note version 1.0 uses the same ignore permissions as IP.Board meaning Topics, Messages and Signatures. If version 1.0 is successful and many people download it I'll look into writing my own permissions set for status updates and individual posts.

• 2 months later...

I'm working on an application that adds what 7SiN requested it should be done soon I'm almost done with the hovercard button and then version 1.0 will be ready. Here's a sneak preview:

I added an "Ignore Me" button in profile view:

[img]

[/img]

When you click the button it takes you to this page where you can manage your ignore prefs... Never need to type in a display name again!

[img]

[/img]

Note version 1.0 uses the same ignore permissions as IP.Board meaning Topics, Messages and Signatures. If version 1.0 is successful and many people download it I'll look into writing my own permissions set for status updates and individual posts.

When it can be used to ignore posts, I'll definitely use it. :)

Archived