IPS Marketplace - alternative payment options

♥ Adam ♠

As I understand it correctly, currently IPS Marketplace only processes payments through PayPal.
I and I would imagine others, would like to be able to use alternatives besides PayPal.

These are only 2 examples and of course there is a wide range of alternatives

I could also use as an example on how many lawsuits PayPal has faced (and lost) for their business practices (I sued them too once and won)

PayPal Lawsuits: http://tinyurl.com/5sbdvcq

Cnet.com even did a (past) story on them and they (PayPal) from time to time, do end up with issues with
Better Business Bureau

http://news.cnet.com...017-251418.html

But there are millions of people who have never had issues with PayPal compared to the hundreds that have.

There are million, not hundreds .... Of those who have had issues with them too. It's a gamble.

My suggestion is not to remove it here, but rather add an alternative option (at least 1, any 1... So long as there is an alternative )

Don't use LMGTFY links as a source to back up an argument. With all due respect, you make yourself look like an idiot.

Nevertheless, I scanned through the first few results and they're all to do with the merchant (i.e. why you should not accept PayPal payments). Perhaps PayPal isn't the best choice for merchants, but that's neither here nor there (I'm sure IPS doesn't need business advice).

You're yet to provide any reason why as a consumer you shouldn't use them, and considering the millions of people that buy stuff with PayPal every day and don't have any problems, I doubt one exists.
If you're refusing to use PayPal, even as a customer, based on some moral principle - you're fighting a loosing battle.

At the end of the day, IPS are here to make money (that is the general idea of any business) therefore accepting a payments via PayPal which is well known in the vast majority if not all areas that they wish to do business makes perfect sense.

I do not wish to sound harsh, but The Visitors if loosing your custom at the expense of gaining lots more business then so be it. You need to accept the terms of business by any company you wish to trade with or move to the next one.

if I have two companies offering me similar products at similar prices and one took Visa & Mastercard and the other took PayPal I would use PayPal option (mainly as I can use Amex with them)

Totally agree with you Ian, I have used Paypal for every transaction on the Internet, never had a problem and as a buyer I never pay fees, what more can I ask for, I use it also when my lads donate yearly and I don't mind Paypal taking their little bit for me to use their services, after all its money I have never had. Everyone wants to pinch the pennies to save money however if its cheaper one way, you can be assured you will pay for it another way. I will stick what I know and like, and trust. :thumbsup:

Archived