Notifications do not take me to latest comment or entry

TracyIsland

I earnestly searched for a topic or feedback about this issue before starting this topic. No luck.

I have noticed in the notifications, be it for a topic I am following or a new comment on a blog, that the notification I receive only takes me to the main page, be it the blog entry or the topic itself, or the marketplace for the modification.

What this means is I have to pursue two or three more steps to go to the last unread topic which is annoying and very involved.

Is this by design or is this a bug?

Example: Social Groups support topic has a new post. I get a notification that there is a new update but when I click on it, I am taken to the main page of the topic instead of being whisked to the most recent post.

Same for 3.2 Mobile Skin Company Blog entry. I get a notification that a new comment has been added but when I click on it, I am taken to the main blog and then I have to page through to the end to read the 'new comment.'

arrrrgggggggghhhhhhh!

by design or by error?

Thanks,

Brian

Hi Michael,

I asked Robert if he was experiencing the issue I found or if he was experiencing what you reported. He confirmed what you said. But then I asked what notification settings he had enabled and he said notification and email. Do you have the same notification settings enabled? If so then there potentially could be a bug here.

Brian

For the most part I just use the 'Notification List' option for things like being quoted, getting a post like, status updates, etc., but I use 'Email' for things like subscribed topics and personal messages. I haven't noticed any issues with either of these. Is there a specific type of notification you're having the issue with?

The two issues I reported:

1. I am following Robert's support topic for his Social Groups app. So I had the settings for notification only and when I get a notification, I am taken to the home page of his support topic instead of the most recent or the post that caused the notification.

2. I am following the IPS company blog entry about mobile skins. I am have notifications enabled to notify me when a new comment is made for that blog entry. Each time a new comment is made, I get a notification. I click on the link and I am taken to the blog entry home page instead of the most recent or the comment causing the notification.

now that I have both email and notification enabled, I am getting the /unread/ part of the url and the click takes me to the unread post.

I have just changed all my notification settings back to notification only (except for pm) and unchecked all the email settings.

I hope you can reply again so I can see if my theory is true,

Otherwise, now it it working

Archived