User Online Status in Topics

sijad

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing about how this hook works or about how IP.Board sends the info it uses changed in 3.3, it still works fine from what I can see. Check to see what shows up in the profile popup cards on your site, this hook uses the same info from there, which IP.Board is the one that does the calculations on.

Nothing about how this hook works or about how IP.Board sends the info it uses changed in 3.3, it still works fine from what I can see. Check to see what shows up in the profile popup cards on your site, this hook uses the same info from there, which IP.Board is the one that does the calculations on.

Popup cards working correctly, this hook is not.

• 1 month later...

The way template hooks like this work is that they are designed to connect to a specific part of the skin by hooking on to a defined hook point. The only way to move where template hooks are displayed is to edit the hook's settings and select a different hook point. You can attempt that by editing the settings from this hook on the Manage Hooks page, selecting the Files tab, and then choosing a different hook point there. But moving this hook to a different spot is not supported as it's not designed to work anywhere but where it currently sits.

• 4 weeks later...

IP.Board handles that already. The determination of whether to show people as online or not based on last activity time and anonymous login status is already calculated by IP.Board, just not displayed by default. All this hook does is to then display that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It seems that in 3.3.3 this hook breaks fast reply. When I have the hook disabled the ajax for getting the posted reply and new replies automatically works. With this hook active, it doesn't and you'll have to manually refresh the page to see your reply.

• 3 months later...

Archived