Request: Clone Forum

XiuzSu

The Manage Forums should have a "Clone Forum" option so when creating a new forum you don't have to go through all the options, this can be very tedious work when your making quiet a few new forums.
Surprise to see that even after the huge amount of request for the clone forum option for Manage Forums in the 3.2 beta forum it still wasn't added.

I took the liberty to make this to give you guys an idea...
PS: I think the button I put together came out better than I thought and I wouldn't mind making one for IPB.

This is the button that will trigger the clone forum option:
post-148073-0-96298000-1307727515_thumb.

This is the popup option to create the new forum (in the same category) (Or you can just add a drop down list to this option to chose the category (Now that I think about it, please do))
post-148073-0-27168800-1307727531_thumb.

Or, IPB could remember the settings for the last forum created and make those the default settings for creating a new forum. I just went through this tedious process of creating a lot of forums that all have the same settings (for the most part), and the way it is now wasted my time.

Or, IPB could remember the settings for the last forum created and make those the default settings for creating a new forum. I just went through this tedious process of creating a lot of forums that all have the same settings (for the most part), and the way it is now wasted my time.

Problem with this is that the cloning system will then be only useful when you are making a lot of forums, 3 weeks down the row you will forget what was the last recorded settings.
With the method I provided 3 weeks down the row if I need to make a new forum it would take me 2 seconds because I get to chose which to clone.

Although you don't create new forums that often (at least I don't) I think it's a great little feature, that doesn't add any noteworthy amount of bloat (!), that is really handy during the initial setup and later if you built up new sub-forums :)

I definitely agree and support this idea!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived