What do you think of 3.2?

wraz

Nope. :smile:

Go to look and feel tab. Click on the skin you want. Click the css tab. Click ipb_styles.css. Scroll to the bottom. Type this in.

.forum_rules {

background: #000;

}

I need it to look like the image I posted, with the border and the image on top left hand corner. I hate knowing nothing about design.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't need it. You want it.

.forum_rules{
background: url("{style_images_url}/information.png") no-repeat 8px 10px #f1f6ec;
padding: 10px 10px 10px 30px;
border: 1px solid #b0ce94;
border-radius: 6px;
-moz-border-radius: 6px;
-webkit-border-radius: 6px;
}

Add that in.

You don't need it. You want it.

.forum_rules{

background: url("{style_images_url}/information.png") no-repeat 8px 10px #f1f6ec;

padding: 10px 10px 10px 30px;

border: 1px solid #b0ce94;

border-radius: 6px;

-moz-border-radius: 6px;

-webkit-border-radius: 6px;

}

Add that in.

Oh, I really do NEED it :wink: and it worked perfectly, thanks very much. Now I just need an official to respond to my other two questions, then I'm good to go.

Edit: found an issue with the rules fix posted, it shows the rules box even if there's no rules set for that specific forum, also the first line of rules is placed on the same line as the RULES TITLE.

Edit: found an issue with the rules fix posted, it shows the rules box even if there's no rules set for that specific forum, also the first line of rules is placed on the same line as the RULES TITLE.

...well that sucks. ^___^

Fine fine I'll tell you how to fix it. I'll be honest with you. I don't try this stuff out before I post it. I just guess. (: First of all yeah, I noticed that the title is on the same line as the rules...I'm almost positive that it's supposed to be that way/it's a bug. Either way lets fix this huh?

First of all take that code I gave you before and change the word forum_rules to bgcolorthatidontreallyneedijustthinkido.

Then click on the templates tab. Scroll to Forum View and click. Then click on forumIndexTemplate. Find this line of code.

<div class='ipsType_pagedesc forum_rules'>

Replace it with this

<div class='ipsType_pagedesc forum_rules <if test="rules:|:$forum_data['show_rules']">bgcolorthatidontreallyneedijustthinkido</if>'>

Then about two lines below that you'll see

<strong>{$forum_data['rules_title']}</strong>

Go ahead and add a <br /> after that.

Enjoy. lol

And trust me if you don't do EXACTLY like I said then it won't work.

That works

...well that sucks. ^___^

Fine fine I'll tell you how to fix it. I'll be honest with you. I don't try this stuff out before I post it. I just guess. (: First of all yeah, I noticed that the title is on the same line as the rules...I'm almost positive that it's supposed to be that way/it's a bug. Either way lets fix this huh?

First of all take that code I gave you before and change the word forum_rules to bgcolorthatidontreallyneedijustthinkido.

Then click on the templates tab. Scroll to Forum View and click. Then click on forumIndexTemplate. Find this line of code.

<div class='ipsType_pagedesc forum_rules'>

Replace it with this

<div class='ipsType_pagedesc forum_rules <if test="rules:|:$forum_data['show_rules']">bgcolorthatidontreallyneedijustthinkido</if>'>

Then about two lines below that you'll see

<strong>{$forum_data['rules_title']}</strong>

Go ahead and add a <br /> after that.

Enjoy. lol

And trust me if you don't do EXACTLY like I said then it won't work.

Now that worked a treat, great stuff. Thanks very much.

About the upgrade, "We plan to offer an upgrade path from Beta 1 to Beta 2 but this may not be the case so do not plan on this."

Never any guarantee on any beta from almost any company. Whilst more often you can, nobody will guarantee it as the product is not fully supported until it is released in full.

Is called covering your back ;)

Thanks :smile: I'm worried about upgrading now. I know if I don't they'll offer an upgrade through the BETA's, but if I do they'll not be able to. Just my luck.

Having been in involved in beta testing for 10+ years I would personally never run a beta live. That is just my choice.

Many have probably done so fine over the years, but a month or so's wait is not too long in the scheme of things.

(many are probably running beta's without any issues even now & may like to live on the edge :) )

Having been in involved in beta testing for 10+ years I would personally never run a beta live. That is just my choice.

Many have probably done so fine over the years, but a month or so's wait is not too long in the scheme of things.

The site is spanking new with only 3 members registered, so it's not really an issue for me, I just don't want to find that I'm unable to upgrade to the next beta when it comes along, as I have the forum setup how I want it.

So i have been reading this while listining to country music ( :whistle: ) and in my BETA testing i am not missing any of the features that wore taken out of it. I am not missing them because I plan on waiting for 3.2 stable to be out for my forums then i well "push" for members. <now time to think about watching the Stanley cup finales eh!>

[*]They were hidden and not used in most cases [*]They just added extra "weight" to the forums

• 2 weeks later...

I agree it's a bit too bland. Especially in the areas that show who's reading a topic or who's online, it looks unfinished. When I look at it, I look at a kid coder who's trying to design his own forum software but hasn't done any real skinning to it yet so it's just a bunch of white backgrounds with content on them. :-\

I agree 100% and please make the 3.1 skin available. This board looks bland and a skin change won't change that much unless it is completely overhauled.

In my opinion, blue and black skins IPB 2.3.6 will remain in the IPB history the things that gave value to this forum. It would be a shame to be forgotten. For this reason I propose developers IPB to include, even optional, and these skins in the IPB versions to come. Then, there are important and new features, but know that when buying such a board software, it is important to find that software where you have to work as little to bring it to what you need. This I think will most buyers.

As I said on other occasions, It also proposes the development of future applications IPB 4.0 around IP.Content application. It's better that way, so it anticipates the future CMS applications.

So, remember that, the IPB 3.2 and IPB 3.0 skins will not ever raise the popularity of skins IPB 2.3.X.

In my opinion, blue and black skins IPB 2.3.6 will remain in the IPB history the things that gave value to this forum.

I couldn't agree more. I hope maybe one day it'll get updated to 3.x. But overall, I love 3.2 still, it feels so clean and easy to use.

Archived