Reputation TAB needed in profile view

Maxxius

Hi,

This has been overlooked in IPB 3,0 also been overlooked in 3,1 and as far as I see I get the impression that this is overlooked in 3,2 as well.

As of now the only way to see how gave you reputation and FOR WHICH POST you have to rely on 3rd party mods which are far from perfect and flexible.

Please IPS do you think I'm satisfied enough just by looking at my overall reputation score in profile? No I'm not. I need a tab just like topics, posts, blog, gallery, files, profile feed etc. with a table of posts which were repped by other members.

Also a nice addition would be an ability to leave a short reason WHY you leave a certain type of reputation (positive of negative).

VB has it since ages. IPb wants to stay in 1980 age.

Just because another software has a feature does not mean IP.Board needs to add it, nor does it mean IP.Board "wants to stay in 1980 age.". You're not a fan, we get it, you don't need to take every opportunity to bash IP.Board just because it's not the forum software you prefer.

I don't feel this is something that needs added to the core software. Reputation is something that can lead to bad things, like people trying to game the system, or competing just to get a higher rep score rather than being actually good contributing members of the forum. It should be left as a third party addon you can install if you want. If the ones out there for this presently don't meet your needs, have you tried discussing changes with the developer?

One thing that has been added in IP.Board is that you can get notified about posts you have made getting liked. I didn't think I'd like that when it was discussed a while back, but I've turned it on here since this site has gone to 3.2 and I think it's a pretty nice addition.

Not having a centralized place where a member can see who and where repped his posts is not cool, really. Lets say there could be settings like:

-which user groups can see who and where and how repped them
-which user groups can see who and where and how repped them and other members

For example I let only VIPs on my forum to see who repped them. On my forum people are curious how repped them.

I honestly believe that I'm not asking IPS to consider a very distant and a very specific feature that only I would enjoy.

Not having a centralized place where a member can see who and where repped his posts is not cool, really. Lets say there could be settings like:

-which user groups can see who and where and how repped them

-which user groups can see who and where and how repped them and other members

For example I let only VIPs on my forum to see who repped them. On my forum people are curious how repped them.

I honestly believe that I'm not asking IPS to consider a very distant and a very specific feature that only I would enjoy.

Expect it in IPB 5.0

I think the Like system does this job pretty well by letting you know who, when and where Liked your post. It still doesn't have the overall stats tab OP is talking about but it's pretty close. I personally, don't find it too important to have a list of who repped me for the last 5 months or so.

Archived