3.2 ACP Dropdown Menus

rsyvarth

So what I have seen thus far of 3.2 Beta 1 has been pretty good, except for the drop down menus in the ACP. This really needs to be changed IMO. It makes is much harder to traverse in the deeper hierarchy in some apps and it is really hard to just "scan through" your options. I am consistently flipping through a ton of drop down menus trying to find the specific tab I am looking for, it is severely reducing my efficiency... I know it is kinda late for this big of a change, but if something could be done, I would appreciate it greatly.

EDIT: Nevermind! I found the toggle for the sidebar!! Yay, I love 3.2 again!

Just for anyone else running into this issue, if you put your cursor on the far left of the screen you can enable the sidebar navigation again...

Since this is already there, I would like to see the sidebar enabled by default since it is kinda hidden. I think that will reduce a lot of confusion and help with some frustration among admins.

Are you saying the sidebar menu was closed by default? If so, can you please post a bug report. It should be open by default.

Charles every install I've done so far on 3.2 has the menu disabled by default. I thought it was just supposed to be that way :)

• Management

Charles every install I've done so far on 3.2 has the menu disabled by default. I thought it was just supposed to be that way :smile:

I don't think us having the menu disabled by default is a good idea. You're hiding navigation and options then.

If Hot Pink Is going to stick in the acp... i WILL be re-skinning it to contrasting blues... it may just be me but they feel an EYESORE.

I like the colors :alien: ..

P.S.

OFFTOPIC What the new smileys? :purple: :homestar: :sorcerer: :sheep: :bug: :ninja: :nuke: :afro:

Are you saying the sidebar menu was closed by default? If so, can you please post a bug report. It should be open by default.

Ya it was closed by default on mine too. I thought it was intentional. Actually until I read this topic I did not even know there was a side bar.

• Management

Because instead of it slowly burning holes in my retinas... it would be Boring them with Drills.

If a slightly light shade of red is actually burning holes into your retinas, I would close your eyes and ask someone to dial the appropriate number for the emergency services in your country. Better to be safe than sorry.

Alternatively, if your phone doesn't have any pink on the interface, you could dial yourself first then close your eyes.

If a slightly light shade of red is actually burning holes into your retinas, I would close your eyes and ask someone to dial the appropriate number for the emergency services in your country. Better to be safe than sorry.

And make sure you don't look at the siren!

Archived