Twitter and Facebook Connect icons issue

realmaverickuk

I realise these two icons are easily customised. However, the point is, that the default 3.2 skin is using social icons, usually used to link to a Facebook or Twitter page, in place of Facebook Connect and Twitter Connect buttons.

They should definitely be updated with "Connect with Facebook" And "Connect with Twitter" or something more indicative of what they are.

3.2 is very near perfect in my opinion, it would be a shame to overlook this small but important detail.

Thanks for listening :)

I realise these two icons are easily customised. However, the point is, that the default 3.2 skin is using social icons, usually used to link to a Facebook or Twitter page, in place of Facebook Connect and Twitter Connect buttons.

They should definitely be updated with "Connect with Facebook" And "Connect with Twitter" or something more indicative of what they are.

3.2 is very near perfect in my opinion, it would be a shame to overlook this small but important detail.

Thanks for listening [img]

[/img]

To be fair - the fact they are next to the sign-in button should give most people an indication.

• Management

If you don't understand and hit 'sign in' then the full Twitter and Facebook buttons are there. I disagree that we should give prime real estate to Facebook and Twitter on our websites.

To be fair - the fact they are next to the sign-in button should give most people an indication.

Many sites list the social icons, to their pages, in the top right.

Ultimately, things should be obvious and clear. Users shouldn't have to second guess.

Internet rule #341: Always assume user is an idiot. Always.

If you don't understand and hit 'sign in' then the full Twitter and Facebook buttons are there. I disagree that we should give prime real estate to Facebook and Twitter on our websites.

That's a ridiculous thing to say Matt. Prime real estate? Sorry but it's not like you're stuck for room up there.

If you're going to do something, you should do it properly.

You're using social icons in place of SN Connect icons.

cdkey is absolutely spot on, you should always assume the user is an idiot.

It was clear once I'd clicked, what it was, but before I clicked, I wasn't sure whether I was going to be taken to a Facebook page or not.

As web designers and people who are supposed to have a focus on UI, this is a lousy decision.

<p>We also use the small icons on our site, the only difference being is that we show a tootip if someone hovers over them and different tooltips on similar icons that take people to facebook &amp; twitter.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am not sure that larger ones are required, but certainly tooltips help.</p>

Archived